See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Although the hotel isn't the best in terms of cleanliness .i like the service they provide. The staff are friendly and they do not expect tips since it's in Africa. I hope to stay there when I visit again

Date of stay: March 2014
4  Thank Livingout
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I visited the ostrich farm on a lazy weekend with the express aim of riding an ostrich for the first time in my life. The first time I went there i was scared of riding the ostrich which is why I was now determined to pull it off. The establishment is in an old colonial style house. The drive there is long but the road is in good condition. The distance makes it a lovely getaway because there is very little outside distraction.

I got there at lunch time and was lucky to find the place not very busy. The reception guys were very helpful and they even agreed to move me to a different room after they showed me a much bigger room which I instantly liked. I was lucky that the weekend was not very busy. The bathroom (quite large) has a bathtub (a bonus) and the hot water is reliable.

I had a platter dish with various meats with ostrich meat being the highlight. I had forgotten how it tastes. Dinner was equally good but generally plain so the highlight was actually the different types of meat available, which I really enjoyed.

There was not much for me to do at the place so I ended up chatting with other guests in the evening. There is a swimming pool that is well kept. Good for those hot afternoons that Kajiado tends to have. They also had a bbq on Sunday and events for kids such as facepainting.

The next morning we went on a tour of the farm during which we learnt a lot about rearing of ostriches. At the end of the tour, the ostriches that we were to ride were brought to the riding area.

The ostrich riding is quite safe because there are two guides who help the visitor sit on the bird without falling off and then they guide the bird around the area. If you are brave enough, they make it run.

I enjoyed the stay and relaxed quite a bit. Definitely worth another visit.

Room tip: The rooms inside the house are much warmer than the tents.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Martin_Wahogo
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was there on 15th Jan. Its a nice and cool place to see. The guided tour shows you the life cycle of ostriches. You will definitely enjoy, if you are an animal lover. You can have a ride over tamed ostriches. The staff is really cooperative. In the end you can also taste the dishes made with ostriches meat. Its a nice relaxing place.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Noman1992
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We went here with my business partners and our families for an end year reunion. The food, though pricey was mostly cold.

Other than a pool, TVs, swings for the kids and ostrich rides there is nothing really that exciting to do the whole time/day.

You end up retreating into groups to talk but nothing actively communal to do as a group in-spite of the great exclusive location with wide spaces.

Most of the greener outdoor places were muddy, a sign that the area floods during rain season.

Either there is no adequate parking or it was simply not thought through hence vehicles were merely heaped along the karb which was not interesting.

The staffs were helpful though and the kids enjoyed the separately paid pool.

Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This place is located a fair ways outside of Nairobi, so it ended up being over an hour's drive for us. Still, it was well worth the trip (once, anyway - I don't know that I would go back unless I had guests from out of town who wanted to experience the novelty of riding an ostrich). The resort is a little run down, but still makes for a pleasant afternoon. I took my three kids and they enjoyed the playground, inflatable bounce house, and the pool. We had a delicious lunch of nyama choma, which is basically a giant plate of various grilled meats - Ostrich meat is surprisingly good! The highlight of our visit, though, was when the kids got to clamber up onto a saddled, 6 foot tall ostrich and ride it around. Those birds can really move! We also took a tour of the ostrich farm, which was very interesting and we all came back with our heads filled with Ostrich trivia. Bottom line: not a bad way to spend an afternoon if you're looking for an easy day trip out of Nairobi

Date of stay: August 2013