All reviews westgate mall excellent location other hotels oval unit laundry clients reception
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I was at Landmark for 13 nights & must say I really enjoyed my stay here. I had landed in Nairobi & was initially booked at a different place where they turned me away due to being fully booked, despite my booking confirmation email. Landmark was very welcoming & made the process of checking in very smooth. Comfy & spacious apartments, brilliant location, helpful staff. I would suggest the apartments should have air conditioning , the apartment can get very stuffy & the fans provided don't do much.
I would like to mention a few people who made my stay comfortable & I believe they are valuable assets to Landmark: Stephanie at reception is an absolute star, she was very logical & intelligent, helpful & a natural at customer care. She made my stay here very smooth- it was a little painful when she was not on duty, no one else could give me the same level of service. Another person I would mention would be Faizah Shiraz at reception- very welcoming & friendly. I will definitely be booking landmark again & so will be my family & business associates - thank you Landmark

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I was guest at The Landmark Suites more than a month. Excellent location in Westland so close to West Gate mall :)
Really Thanks to All personnel from reception to cleaning - Elizabeth " Clean! Clean! Clean! ". :)
For the management team - when you say " Yes " to a client request, Just DO it! Doesn't matter it's about " The Presidential Suite " in a specific situation. Pure and simple resolve it, as long you promise so.
By sure I'll speak about and I'll recommend The Landmark Suites to my travelers entourage.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2017

New Hotel with lots of issues with rooms. Electrical wires hanging out from the wall, windows you cannot open. Booked the top Suite with balcony several weeks before. Turned out they only had one, and the guests staying there suddenly decided to stay more days (I think they were friends of owner) so was told that unfortunately we could not get what we ordered. Offered another suite for "special price" Turned out that the price was exactly the same as price on website ! They overcharged me for an extra night by mistake and it took them 4 weeks and several mails from me to correct and refund money. Location however is really good right next to Malls and loads of Restaurants.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I walked into my room, and straight away whipped out my camera!! It was absolutely fantastic. I felt like I was a Sheikh, from the Emirates. I had to share the view with friends back home. So yes, the rooms were definitely the highlight. Sheena and her team, are on the right track, definitely. With a tweak here and there, Landmark will certainly be competing with the big boys. As I was hungry, I went to the Indian restaurant downstairs, and ordered a Lamb Tikka Massala. It was so delicious, I wolfed it down, without even pausing to sample the delicious butter nan bread. Another excellent point is the location; close to Art Café Oval, Westgate Mall, and my favourite place in Nairobi - Ring Road Parklands. Just Lush!!!!

Room Tip: 36 suites - beautifully furnished. Excellent for families
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank papalorenzo
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Easy to find and well presented upon arrival. There seemed to be ample parking available although we didn’t need the parking. The premises are in a good location. It wasn’t a problem for us really, but the bar area and pool area were slightly tight on space. The staff were fine on arrival.

The room was a twin bedroom, twin bathrooms and a shared lounge/ kitchen with enough space and furnishings in good condition. Spare HDMI and USB on the TV so you can play your own movies.
No aircon, but two fans available in the rooms so was not an issue… and the rooms did get hot. The rooms were tastefully furnished (probably a matter of personal opinion I guess!).

There were a few small problems, mostly resolved, and a check out issue, not yet resolved.

Small matters: upon arrival it seems that the water heater hadn’t been on for long and having just flown in I needed a shower quickly. Not a big deal. The safe was locked open but reception resolved that within an hour or so. The main inlet hose in the shower burst on first use in one of the bathrooms and that did not get resolved during the course of our stay. As we were one family together we all just used the remaining shower and to be honest it was too much of an effort to chase it up. The remaining shower worked well though.

There was a lamp array by the TV which had no bulbs. Again, it was actually fine just as a decoration, but I caught my son poking his fingers into the empty sockets. I unplugged the whole unit. Similarly there were the remains of a phone charger in one of the sockets in the bedroom poking out of the live socket point. You wouldn’t spot it until you went to use it – again, no harm done.

The biggest issue is that I had a problem on checkout which is still ongoing - I used booking.com and the confirmation very clearly said that breakfast included. At checkout time the hotel said it wasn’t included. It’s not the money, it’s the principle. Their copy of the agreement, which they said had been forwarded by their accounts department, only had page 1 of 3. I suspect the comment about ‘meals included’ was on page 2, it looks like it might have been. However, the accounts department was “not available” and apparently only ever sends them the first page anyway. Either there is a discrepancy within booking.com or their accounts department is incompetent. In the end I paid for the breakfasts as; I needed to get to the airport, the hotel didn’t seem to be able to get to the bottom of it (seriously - why not?), I didn’t want to spoil the trip for my wife and son by having a full blown argument and maybe even find that the police turn up and I miss my flight home arguing the point, but it generated a very bad feeling and frankly I have low confidence in the issue being resolved based on previous experiences with hotels in Africa. Let’s see what happens.

However – NOTE that the issue is brand new and still outstanding, and I only paid for breakfast “without prejudice”. If you book in here I suggest that maybe you should check this first when you arrive. Maybe I should have checked on arrival – but then why should I? Why can’t I just trust the booking confirmation?

No problems getting past security when coming back late at night (this has happened in other hotels in Kenya; I’m white and my wife is black, which seems to be the trigger).

Overall enjoyed the stay – pity about the checkout…. Unless the breakfast issue is resolved, one way or the other, I won’t go there again.

Room Tip: The hotel seems fairly new and the rooms looked to be all much the same. be sure you have a fan in the room!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family