See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2015

I stayed in the hotel with my boyfriend for 4 days. It was a little getaway just for the two of us. I wanted to see as much as I could from Egypt, so we only needed a place to sleep and rest really. The bed was nice and comfortable and the room was clean. The staff at the reception was very polite and happy to help us with directions to the local attractions and sightseeings.

The atmosphere is quite nice and there were a lot of visitors, mainly couples and families with children. What I really loved was the fact that the hotel is very close to the river Nile, so it's really relaxing to just gaze at the view from the terrace. I'd be happy to go back to the place again, maybe with some of our friends as I am sure we will have a lot of fun.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

I booked 2nights Queens Valley Hotel but upon arrival only to be very disappointed. The hotel is not a finished building, no working swimming pool and the room they gave me was totally filthy, shower water was cold, fridge was dirty. I complained to the receptionist politely to change my room as I was not happy with it so she showed me two other rooms and they was the same very dirty. Breakfast was disappointing as the security guy gave me a plate with some food on it, I refused it and went to Mac Donald's for breakfast for the 2days.
This hotel deserves to be demolished as it is not fit for guests.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Yaka111
Reviewed 28 March 2015

The Beginning
Friends of ours had stayed at this hotel in 2010 and found it to be affordable and decent for the price. So we decided to book some rooms with them, with the expectation that the hotel would be relatively the same as it was 5 years ago. Boy, were we in for a surprise. I think that most of the hotel's scant resources are poured into maintaining the lobby area, so as not to raise any red flags for newly arriving guests. The metal detector sits at the front entrance impotently, no longer being manned by any security staff.

Breakfast
Breakfast consists of a hard-boiled egg, half a slice of dry inedible baloney, a few slices of cucumber, a triangle of cheese and fresh bread rolls. You are rationed one packet of Nescafe per morning which you must mix with hot water yourself, asking for a second packet will result in a puzzled look from the staff and a staunch refusal of your ridiculously opulent request. The staff will call you late at night when you are sleeping to confirm what time you are coming to eat in the morning. Apparently it's important to know what time you will be dining, so that the old man can pull the prepackaged breakfasts out of the fridge and remove the saran wrap cover.

The Rooms
We only received one towel between the two us staying in the room, it was not replaced or washed during our two day stay there. The fridges all smell musty and seem to show evidence of accumulating mold. We had a hard time keeping our beer cold in our musty fridge since a card attached to the room key must be plugged into an outlet for your room to receive electricity. If you leave your room to go somewhere your fridge warms up when it stops receiving power. Also when you leave the hotel for any kind of excursion you must leave your key with the front desk, they are quite insistent about this. I surmise that the hotel's financial dire straits makes them unable to absorb the cost of replacing even one key. My girlfriend's dad’s room smelled of sewage so he informed the staff. They promptly came to his room and sprayed air freshener. They initially refused to let him keep the air freshener but eventually relented once he protested. Later after much finagling they agreed to let him change rooms, they did so begrudgingly, likely to avoid shattering the illusion that they were as fully booked as they claimed to be.

The Roof / Pool Area
The roof / pool area is in shambles, covered in rubble and the odd pile of unidentifiable animal bones. Oddly the pool itself looked beautiful and clean, but nothing else surrounding it matched its appearance. By chance one of my friends happened to peer over the wall adjacent to the hotel next to us, revealing the roof top of a much nicer hotel with a beautiful pool / lounge area. The lounging guests on the other roof top looked up at us in annoyance as we got to see how much better the other half lived. The top three floors of the Queens Valley are abandoned and appear as though they had previously been the stage of a battleground in a messy armed conflict. Filled with garbage and debris, I'm unsure as to why these areas are still accessible, and have not been fenced off to hide the disturbing eye sore from their guests.

The Escape
To top it off, when we were planning to leave we tried to book another night so we could store our bags at the hotel while we went on a day excursion after our original checkout time. We were informed that we would have to pay more than the original price, since we would no longer be receiving the group rate for a single room. We told them we wanted to store our bags in this room while one person in the group stayed behind to chill out for the day. The lady in reception said that only the couple staying in the room would be allowed to keep their bags in said room. The rest of us would have to keep our bags down behind the counter in the lobby. Needless to say we did not end up taking the room again. We just went next door and rented a room for a few hours before we left to go to the airport. They were very accommodating and allowed us to rent it for a few hours for around 20 dollars American. This place seems to not want business and expresses contempt for the guests who stay there. This place is a hole.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Brenden W
Reviewed 28 March 2015

We arrived on. March 27th 2015. One night porter on and didn't know we're were booked in. The room was horrendous. Filthy room , hadn't been cleaned at all, peanuts down the side of the bed, black mould in the fridge, bathroom so filthy it was unusable! A filthy shower hung above the bath, no curtain. Roof top was a building site, no pool bar, breakfast was a no no! I only paid for one night and checked out the next morning. It was a disgrace and should not be open for business. I had booked for 7 nights but after one sleepless night I couldn't get out fast enough.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank janoff
Reviewed 26 March 2015

This hotel was advertised on several hotel booking websites as 'newly opened' and is accompanied by several photographs indicating a clean, functioning hotel! NOTHING could be further from the truth, and in fact when I stepped inside I thought I'd come to the wrong place!

There was no record of any booking for either myself or friends who were turning up later the same day, yet we booked on line in January. The carpets and furniture in the lobby were old and very dirty. The room I was given had no working shower which turned out to be meaningless as there was no hot water either !

After complaining about the room, which was very dirty with no curtains on a window that overlooked an apartment building and a fridge covered in mould spores, I was moved to another room that was just as bad but with the added extra of a leaking toilet!!!

The rooftop terrace and pool area looks beautiful in the photos but in reality is a debris strewn building site with a large broken ceramic pot waiting to trip you up the minute you step out of the elevator, planks of wood and small rocks strewn everywhere and the chairs and cushions abandoned and dirty!

When I asked about this I was told that the actual pool was functional so they didn't understand why I thought there was a problem with going to the pool!!!!!

Breakfast the next morning was a plate containing a small half slice of dried out luncheon meat, an equally disgusting piece of cheese and dry bread with wilted cucumber! This was the final straw - I spent two hours insisting they give me my money back, being met with constant refusals and excuses! Finally someone came to inspect mine and my friends' even more disgusting room - I think his first words of 'OH MY GOD' might have been the deciding factor in my then being given an immediate refund! We promptly left!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends