All reviews an oasis west bank individual rooms unique setting special hotel charming hotel junior suite luxury hotel quiet location minute drive real egypt four nights central luxor taxi driver visit luxor winter palace shenouda
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

As a group of 6 friends traveling together, we spent 4 blissful days at Al Moudira. The rooms were very spacious, comfortable and beautifully, individually decorated. It was just perfect to come back from a hot mornings excursion exploring the area to relax and cool off in the crystal clear pool, sip a refreshing drink and have a delicious lunch at the pool bar. Our evenings were spent in the hotels tranquil courtyard, under the stars, enjoying drinks and dinner. Special mention must be made of the very efficient and friendly service by all the staff at Al Moudira, they really know how to make their guests feel welcome and nothing was ever too much trouble for them. Zeena, the owner, is a remarkable woman, who built and runs a very special establishment. She even, of her own accord, piled some of our group into her car and took them shopping at a local pottery shop. What a very special experience we all had and if circumstances permit... we will be back!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank CapeTowntravellover
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Perfect hotel to visit Luxor and Valley of Kings (or Queens). Rooms are really spacious and charming. Food is excellent and staff is amazing (friendly).
Stayed 6 nights and had lunch and dinner in day in hotel !!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank williamdevlaminck
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I went there with 30 persons for dinner.
What can I say, all the staff was super friendly, kind, professional and very welcoming.
I would like to thank:
Hamdi, the guy who took our reservation through the phone and was very helpful.
Daoud, the awesome receptionist who’s always smiling and took us to see the rooms.
Shenouda, the Super waiter for his speed, attitude and hospitality.
Last but not the least, chef Ali and the awesome kitchen staff for the great food and the cake.
Without a doubt, this is one of the best hotels in Egypt.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I want to add a long-overdue review, really note of appreciation for the incredible service and great style exhibited by the owners of the Al Moudira hotel. This property has an outstanding sense of place. The decorations are carefully curated and you can wander the property and never see the same design twice. The service and food were great. The owner also set up a really great tour of the Valley of the Kings and Luxor for us. With limited time, we were able to see the best of the area thanks to the efforts of Al Moudira. I hope to be in the area again soon and when I am I'll definitely be booking the Al Moudira. Thanks for the great experience.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 777jmb
moudira, Owner at Al Moudira Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you so much ;for your great appreciation of Al Moudira
and a wonderful review !
All the best

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My wife and I stayed at Al Moudira Hotel for 4 nights in May 2017. We could not have been happier.

The hotel is a series of one-story buildings spread through a garden (and pool) area, with comfortable, superbly decorated rooms. We stayed in a Junior Suite, which was palatial! The staff were universally friendly (and universally spoke great English). The food was outstanding. There's wifi (limited to the restaurant / common area) that worked well.

The hotel is located a bit away from all of the hustle of downtown (East Bank) Luxor. Although before we arrived, we thought that we might venture into town for dinners, once we got to Al Moudira we quickly discarded that idea. Yes, it'd be a bit of a drive (although taxis are available and inexpensive). But we had no desire to leave the quiet, welcoming ambience of the hotel, and dinners there were delicious and relaxing.

If/when I return to Luxor, I will definitely return to Al Moudira!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple