Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor
US$70
US$67
  • Pool
Cleopatra Hotel Luxor(Luxor)(Great Value!)
US$13
US$60
US$54
US$34
  • Breakfast included
Saint Joseph Hotel(Luxor)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$24
US$91
2,121 results
All reviewsnubian restaurantcourtyard roomcentral courtyardpool areaitalian restaurantwest bankexcellent hotelhalf boardwhirling dervishcity viewlarge balconyguest relationstaxi driveregyptian poundsevery eveningwatch the sunsetwinter palace
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Arrived here at this wonderful hotel after a weeks cruise on the Nile.We have been lucky enough stay in hotels all over the world in past years.However I must say that The Nile Palace is up there with the best of them.I must say to all potential guests at this hotel is I have never been better cared for by all staff from the moment I arrived to the moment I departed.The Nile Palace could not be faulted in any way whatsoever.Thank You and well done to you all...Dr George E Bailey.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room with a full panoramic view of the Nile,truly awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgebailey190549
Steigenberger, Front Office Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

It was lovely to hear that you experienced a wonderful stay with us and we hope that your ruby anniversary celebrations stay with you forever.
It seems that all aspects of the hotel met your expectations and we are very happy that we provided you with the excellent service that you deserve following your weeks Nile cruise.
We hope that you will return and celebrate another special wedding anniversary with us
Thank you for your comments her on the useful Trip Advisor website…

Hotel management

Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our trip to Luxor, Egypt. It was the best hotel outside of the Red Sea that we had stayed at - we were greeted warmly with a hibiscus drink, the foyer and surrounds were beautiful, the food was great and the room was extremely modern, comfortable and top-quality.

The pool was nice but not the best we had seen - it felt quite crowded compared to other places - but it was still comfortable and fun.

Some of the service was a little strained - I tried repeatedly to ask if I could get wifi in the rooms, and the man at reception continually told me I could get wifi with a cable (!). I kept trying to explain that wifi was WIRELESS internet, and as i had a Macbook Air I could not fit a cable into my computer. He could not grasp this at all, and told me I was wrong and that wifi came "through the electricity". I gave up after a while.

Other than that, it was a lovely hotel and a nice stay.One word of warning to female solo travellers - I was hassled as I left the hotel at night by numerous local males when I went to find a pharmacy - try to walk with a male friend or in a group to deter this.

Room Tip: As for a room looking over the Nile and the pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mangoss76

Thank you for responding constructively here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you as Australian guests found our hotel and all services to be of a high standard and ‘the best hotel outside of the red sea’.
Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the misunderstanding with your internet connection request at the reception. We will take immediate steps to ensure that the staff member in question is re-trained/educated in this area so that a reoccurrence with our guests does not happen again…
It was a pleasure to host you in our beautiful hotel and we do hope that you will make a return visit to experience more of the magical sights that Luxor has to offer.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I recently stayed for one night in the Steigenberger Nile Palace in Luxor. I've been visiting Luxor for the last three years and living here since January 2012, but this was the first time I had actually stayed here.

And the reason I was staying, was because of my best friend and his partner had came to visit us and we recommended, well my Egyptian husband did, that they chose this hotel.

My friend treated us to a night in the hotel as a belated wedding present, however things didn't start off well. After we booked in my friends we walked up to their room but my Egyptian husband was refused entry to the lift. I was allowed, but he wasn't. I realise now that this is the hotel policy - but my husband and I were officially married in Cairo, and we had our official marriage certificate with us.

After speaking to the manager he lets us both go up to the room with my friends, but only after he threatened my husband by saying that if we were longer than five minutes he'd cause us trouble, obviously spoken in Egyptian to my husband and not in English. What a lovely welcome!

A few days later my husband and I spent a pleasant overnight stay in the hotel. The room was a good size albeit that it had two big twin beds, instead of one double. The bathroom was five star with a separate bath, toilet and a walk in shower room. The TV was dated but had a fair selection of English channels. The balcony overlooked the inner part of the hotel where you could watch the daily evening entertainment without leaving your room.

The breakfast was first class, tea and coffee on demand, with a wide variety of options to choose from salads, cheeses, meats, fruit, breads, fresh juices and hot food including fresh omelettes to order or pancakes.

We then spent a lovely relaxing day by the pool reclining on a sun lounger that overlooked the Nile. The pool was a good size and the waiters were attentive so you could order drinks and snacks without leaving your sun spot.

Booking the room direct cost £40 and on the whole it was good value. As my friends stayed for a week, we did go back to use the facilities a couple of times and from 12 midday for 50 LE or £5 you can spend the afternoon using the pool which was great.

However, the cost of the food was quite expensive. We had a meal one evening by the side of the Nile, so a fabulous location but it cost over £100 for four. Perhaps if this was the UK, you wouldn't bat an eyelid, but when you can eat for under £10 locally I think you can see where I am coming from. On saying that the service and quality of food was good. But watch your pocket if you are not half board and eat in the hotel restaurants expect to pay UK prices, which all adds up.

The entertainment was ok, but I have seen traditional dancing in other hotels in Luxor and Hurghada which was of a better quality. On saying that it can't be that motivational to do the same routine day in day out when there are only a handful of people, if that, watching, such is the reality that business is very slow in the hotel, like most in Luxor at the moment.

The final disappointment was on the day my friends were leaving, again we wanted to visit them in their room to spend the last few hours with them. We should have known better as we approached the lift, so the security guard let me get in, but wouldn't let my husband. Honestly it is quite incredible the way the treat their own people. Luckily during their stay my friends and I had got to know Alison the Guest Relations person at the hotel. She was a lovely lady and very helpful and within five minutes both my husband and I were able to visit our friends in their room.

So in conclusion, this is a nice hotel, but I'm not sure it is the best in Luxor. On saying that though I know my friend's got their holiday deal inc. flight for a bargain. My brother is staying in the Sofitel, Karnak in a few weeks so I will report back, as I've been told guests can have people visit their room, so we shall reserve judgement. Perhaps Egyptian hotels don't like having Egyptian guests?

I suppose my point is that if it wasn't for myself and my husband then the Steigenberger wouldn't have had the business that they did. So perhaps a policy review that allows Egyptians to accompany their wives to the hotel room of friends who are staying as guests, without all the aggro and hassle might be worth looking into.

Apart from that I can understand why many people enjoy their stay - it's in a fabulous location with views overlooking the Nile, the rooms are nice with good amenities, its close to the city centre and walking distance to Luxor Temple and just a taxi ride to Karnak. Don't get me wrong this is a good quality hotel, just not the five star I had been expecting.

Room Tip: Ask for a Nile view, the inner rooms overlook the area where there is nightly entertainment so might be a bit noisy if you want an especially early night!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SamPhilpott
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for your extensive review.
Firstly, it was lovely to host such a nice couple in our hotel and regardless of your nationality or marital status we strive to ensure that all our guests are made to feel welcome…we are extremely sorry that you were made to feel inferior during this situation.
It was very kind of your friends to treat you to a wedding gift stay with us and we hope that you will take advantage as a resident here to use the hotel facilities; you are most welcome at any time and will receive a “lovely welcome” next time! As not to cause any offence to you both…
However, please accept our sincere apologies regarding the security issue that you encountered it is most unacceptable to us as a reputable five stars hotel. Your important comments will be addressed immediately. We certainly do not want this issue to deter you from staying with us or any other Steigenberger establishment again.
We feel that this issue was resolved in a prompt and professional manner for you, as you mention, and you were able to enjoy your time with your friends.
With regards to your comment about the dining cost; we provide a high quality menu choice which is professionally served and is cooked in very safe/hygienic surroundings. Whereas, although less expensive outside you may find the quality and health issues quite different…Nevertheless, it appears that you and your friends enjoyed your romantic wedding anniversary celebrations by the side of the Nile!
We truly wish you a happy and long married life together and our door is always open to you both at any time.
Best Regards
Alison Dale

Reviewed 12 July 2012

just returned last night from another brilliant stay at the nile palace , a few days day before i arrived i hurt my back and had to email the hotel as i was having trouble sleeping and with mobility so emailed them with a few requests that would help my stay at the nile palace and belive me everything was acounted for when i arrived ! thanks to WAEL on reception and also ALISON the guest relations manager
on checking in everything was perfect i was provided with a room 304 with a walkin shower which i needed as id never of got in a bath!!
on getting to my room i couldnt of asked for anything better, i had a choice of beds as i had 2 single beds and 3 wardrobes !! and a fridge full of snacks drink and beers !!!!
i had a courtyard room which was brilliant as in the afternnon the sun wasnt on the room so it was nice and cool when i went back to it in the afternoon, which was heaven !!
the hotel has a brilliant pool and the pool lads look after your every whim which as does the waiters in the pool bar and restaraunt , we never had to wait for anything!
and they also had a lovely little plunge pool to just sit and chill in,and read a book in peace n quiet
i have stayed in some amazing hotels around the world and must say this is mt favourite ione !! which says a lot!!
in the hotel there are many laces to eat an italian which we ate in twice mohamed the manager is so polite and helpfull , we ate there the secnd time due to the wonderfull servive we got from him and the other staff
then there is the lebanan resteraunt and a thai place to eat as well,we didnt have enough time to eat in them as there are so many great places to eat in luxor,
around six oclock we used to sit on the verandah and watch the sun go down which was so chilling and peacefull,
in the morning when we went down for breakfast mt table was always ready for me with my cup already for my tea!! whilst we wer there it was my daughter lauras boyfriends birthday and we took some decorations for us to do the table up before jonpaul came down for breakfast but we needent of worried the waiters took the decs off me the night before and had all the table ready decorated for him when he came down to breki, the hotel provided a birthday cake and all the staff came out with the cake and sang for him it was brilliant and made jon pauls day !!
the food provided for breki was ample i had the poached eggs with fruit and toast , with gallons of tea!!
the staff at breakfast wer awsome our waited hasan was so polite and helpfull nothing was to much trouble and ALWAYS!!had a smile on their faces all the managers wer brilliant and mucked in to help the waiters they didnt just stand around ding nothing, the sous chef was funny ans was the butcher and baker as well (serious!!)
the room boys had all the beds turmed down for you at bed time and the room re tidied up for you
i would not hesitate to send people to stay here
also forgot to mention mohamed the door man he made sure i had a daily newspaper waiting for me every morning he was a diamond !!
every body in the hotel was so helpfullnothing was to much trouble for anything that needed doing during your stay cant wait to go back and see all my friends

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank maggieomx
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you so much for your prompt and extensive reply here on this useful Trip Advisor website regarding your two weeks stay with us…
It was our honor to have you stay with us and we really enjoyed your company. It was nice to know that you had another memorable holiday with us and it was our pleasure to provide and meet all your special requests.
Thank you for mentioning every aspect of our hotel. It is so important for us to receive constructive feedback.
Also, for mentioning our efficient customer service staff who strive to provide all our guests with the best customer care possible. Nile Palace will always be your second home and we welcome you back with open arms at any time!!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My partner and I stayed here for two weeks in June. There is nothing that isn't perfect:

- The Staff
- The Rooms
- The Location

When we return to Luxor, we'll be staying here again. Exceptional hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nvarley
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you very much for your response here on Trip Advisor. It was nice for us to know that you thought our hotel was ‘incredibly good’.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your memorable two weeks stay with us and found all aspects of our hotel to be of excellent standard…
We really do hope that you will stay with us next time then we can give you the VIP treatment that you deserve.
It is good for us to know that guests regular and new are visiting Luxor, Egypt. We hope that Luxor will have a hopeful future under the new government choice.

Hotel management