Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Pharaon(Luxor)
1,595 results
All reviewssundowner baropet restaurantmoorish cafenile cruisewest banktaxi drivermercure luxorlarge poolbuffet stylemain restaurantpool sidewatch the sunsetsecond weekeach eveningboat ridehot air ballooncleaned every day
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I stayed only for one night, but did have some time to sit out by the Nile and enjoy the atmosphere. I was there for the Egyptian Spring Celebration so there was a party atmosphere by the pool with tons of kids. But, it was calm at the restaurant where I ate and had some wine, and it was quite when I went to bed early in a room far from the scene.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the garden and take an evening walk.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Hassan F, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Guest
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Luxor Karnak.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

the hotel is truly 5 star with very attentive but not obtrusive staff in all areas
excellent food and quality of drinks
the location is one end of Luxor town but close to Karnak so ideal for a peaceful stay away from the city but within very easy reach by taxi for less than £2

rooms are big with water delivered to the room every day along with fresh towels etc
toiletries are provided too

perfect to walk around the well cared for gardens after evening meal

the Sundowner bar is the ideal place to see the sun setting on the West bank where you get snacks and cold refreshments

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet throughout the site
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chiddy53
Hassan F, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in Mercure karnak for two days with my family , we've really enjoyed every minute, no rush in check out, it was busy even though Mohamed the receptionist noticed I have infant children and had carried our baggage to the room thanks mohamed.
The rooms are very clean and luxury.
The best moments was watching the sun going down by the nile in calm and perfect relaxing view.
The price is cheap compared to what you get and would definitely recommend it for family's and we'll be going back there soon again for a break.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven M

Dear Mr.Steven

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have just returned from my 19th visit to this hotel which speaks for itself. I had the most amazing welcome but I also have to say this was not because I have been so many times, I have always had a wonderful welcome even from the first times in 2010 when I came to this hotel on my own. When I first arrived this time I suffered a very bad throat for a few days and the wonderful waiters kept me supplied with hot lemon and honey on a regular basis until I was better. I can't comment on the food at dinner in the evening as I only book bed and breakfast. However I had some lovely lunches in the Moorish Cafe and was very nicely served by the excellent waiters there. As far as breakfast was concerned I had a good choice of different foods including salad dishes, lovely variety of cakes. I didn't require a cooked breakfast but I know the chef was on hand to prepare omelettes or pancakes if desired..The waiters kindly set a table for me, and other guests, outside on the terrace and were very attentive in providing tea or coffee. My room, which had recently been refurbished was cleaned every day to a high standard. Fresh flowers provided by the gardeners on a regular basis. I can't praise the cleaning staff and gardeners too much for the work they had to do after Luxor suffered it's worst sand/dust storm in years. Everywhere, both inside and out, was covered with dust and the boys did a wonderful job in very difficult circumstances to bring the hotel back up to scratch. I must mention here the Lifeguard team for the magnificent job they did to get the pool clean, the bottom of which was covered in sand. As well as cleaning the pool they had also to clean all the sunbeds, umbrellas and surrounding paths. At the same time attending to the comfort and requests of a number of guests. They did all this with unfailing good humour and efficiency. All in all I had another wonderful holiday and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Although the hotel might be looking a little tired in places the manager Mr Hassan Fahmy is quickly making improvements. For me the fabric of the hotel is not the most important thing, it is the staff, everyone of them, that makes this a great hotel. I just hope before long flights will resume from Manchester to Luxor.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Irenee66
Hassan F, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Ms.Lane

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Just returned from two weeks at this hotel after a Nile cruise. Beautiful gardens leading down to the Nile. Good pool area. Hotel clean and well cared for. Some areas a little faded but redecorating programme underway. Staff are amazing and can't do enough for you. Sadly there are very few guests which seems to be the case all over Luxor. The hotel is making up revenue with conferences and lots of Chinese guests who arrive one day and leave the next. Means lots of spare sunbeds and no queues in the dining room but does make the bars very quiet. Facilities, of necessity, are not all open but staff make this work. The pool bar was closed but ask a pool attendant and he will phone your order to reception and two minutes later your drinks arrive! The Sundowner bar overlooking the Nile opens late afternoon. Food is good but choice is limited but sufficient due to lack of guests. The perfect place for a quiet relaxing holiday but if you are looking for lively night life this is probably not for you

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue499509

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Luxor Karnak. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.