All reviews hotel shares pool area corniche restaurant mr nabil large balconies west bank the main hotel amazing garden pool staff an oasis breakfast restaurant la corniche turn down service royal bar garden view howard carter fresh towels
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Facts:-
In 1996, the Pavillon, a 4-star annex with 116 rooms, was built in the rear garden of the Winter Palace, close to the swimming pool. The Pavillon shares many amenities with the Winter Palace, including the gardens, pools, tennis courts, terraces and restaurants.
The hotel is owned by the Egyptian General Company for Tourism & Hotels ("EGOTH") of Egypt and managed by Accor, a French Hotel company, where it is part of the premier division Sofitel.
Opinions/Experiences:-
I have stayed a few times and it is always been rated as 4 star Hotel (Some companies say it is a 5* but that’s their problem).
I always enjoy my stays at this hotel and certainly find it value for money. House-keeping keeps the rooms clean. I cannot say if the toiletries are topped up every day, as like many, I do not use them, so put them to the side when I arrive. (NO – I don’t take them home!) My fridge is empty and if not I get it emptied. I do not know of any Hotel in Luxor where the drinks are free from the mini bar.
The Pavilion has one restaurant inside the building where breakfast is served and has a buffet at night for dinner. I have never had a problem finding something to eat in the morning. The Hotel caters for guests from all over the world.
The Winter Palace shares the grounds and has little to do with the Pavilion, but it is nice to have afternoon tea in it or an evening meal.
I think the gardeners do a great job and feel in the past I have just taken their efforts for granted so this is a thank you to them.
Both Hotels share the pool area and grounds. I usually have a few set lunches here and a few soft drinks. It is ‘French fries with everything’, although the staff steam veg for me if I request them instead. If you order the ‘Minis Burgers’ you get two small ones. This is good as I only eat one. (You can guess who gets the other one) The Pasta dishes are not bad but after all this is not Italy.
The pool staffs looks after you very well.
The hotel has no children’s club.
Night life is what you make it, but there is no organised bar entertainment of any sort.
Wifi - as it is Egypt at times we do have problems with it. This can be because the government pulled the plug!! We do not have many problems although it nowhere near as fast as at home.
We usually meet up with friends that we have made there, from France. Belgium and the U.K. We go out for our evening meals, have room service or eat in the Winter Palace.
Most of us go about 2 twice a year for 2 weeks which we have increased to 4 weeks. We have used EgyptAir for years, but they aren’t making it easy to get there from Heathrow.
When we return to the U.K., like many returning guests, we usually book again and have already done so for this year.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sale1007
Reviewed 22 April 2016

i loved it the gardens are amazing i am going again in 8 weeks the staff are great rooms lovelyyou can also visit the winter palace whih are in the same grounds its truly a palace many famous people have stayed there prince charles and diana henry kissinger richard gere to name a few

Room Tip: mine overlooked the garden which i loved
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank kenlilbarlow
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Well what can I say? Great guests, great hotel and superb staff! We have just returned from the Pavilion and cannot fault a single piece of our stay.

Staff were amazing and so helpful, it was a truly marvelous experience.

We also met some amazing people here (We were the guys from Essex/Mersea Island for those who met us)....I can honestly say, we never met a bad person here -it was a truly amazing experience EVERYONE we spoke to was lovely and made us both feel welcome and valued - we loved the help and guidance we received from the serial visitors - made our life easy!

Thanks to everyone for making our holiday a truly magnificent event.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 21 April 2016

from the outside the place looks like a rather boring concrete building with balconies. However, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable, same thing for the bathroom. Staff was efficient and nice. There are some things that need to be refurbished, like for example the carpet or the taps in the bathroom. The park and swimming pool are wonderful, as they are the same as for the Winter Palace hotel. I was however quite unpleasantly surprised that the area around the swimming pool is far from the standard that you could expect from the Winter Palace. The umbrellas are old, some are broken, the closets where the towels are stored have all battered up doors, and I almost fell walking around the pool because I put my foot on the grid surrounding the edge of the pool (protecting the drain) and it broke. Afterwards, I noticed that it was already broken in several other places. All in all, a great place to stay but the pool area is in dire need of maintenance (whereas the park itself is spotless and magnificent)

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank schtroumpfette43
Reviewed 20 April 2016

The Pavillon and Winter Palace share the same gardens, pools, etc so if you are going to be outside touring or just plan to enjoy the pool all day, save yourself a few bucks and book into the Pavillon.

The suite room itself had older furniture and upon arrival we didn't have towels in the room. A quick call to the front desk solved that problem. The air conditioning in the bedroom also wasn't working but we just cranked up the AC in the living room and opened the windows. Our room was on the garden side and was pretty quiet.

Room Tip: Opt for a room on the Garden Side. Corner Suites have Garden facing and Nile facing balconies.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends