All reviews corniche restaurant mr nabil large balconies west bank the main hotel pool staff breakfast restaurant an oasis the gardens and pool area royal bar turn down service pool bar pool side garden view howard carter agatha christie fresh towels
Reviewed 27 March 2016

We stayed in the Pavillon Winter Luxor mid-March 2016 for a week. The weather was fantastic throughout which made for a great holiday.

The room was really spacious, very clean and tidied every day, with fresh towels and linen. Only thing to note would be that the shower needs a bit of an upgrade but otherwise excellent.

We travelled with Thomson/First Choice on an all inclusive package and got a great deal; the all inclusive includes all meals, plus alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The breakfast is a buffet with everything you could want plus omelettes and eggs cooked to order. The lunch is served by the pool area and although we experienced slightly slow service on the first day it was okay after that. Dinner is another buffet served in the same restaurant as breakfast and varies every day, we found plenty to choose from, no complaints! In the evening the "Central Park" bar is open for drinks - the cocktails are great, we'd recommend the Sunrise. The shisha corner is not included in the all inclusive but is incredibly cheap and well worth it for a relaxing evening.

The staff were excellent, every single person went out of their way to help you, nothing was too much and they were all very friendly.

We booked a massage with Ash for our last evening and it was well worth the (very good) price - absolutely recommended.

Luxor itself is a fantastic city and we found it to be perfectly safe. Even when we got a little lost exploring the town a local person was happy to help us (and wasn't after our money - all the local people here depend on tourism)!
You'll hear a lot about the hassle from merchants but we found this to be massively exaggerated. If you're firm and polite and don't keep having a go at them they leave you alone pretty quickly. We got some great deals on souvenirs through some haggling which is an essential part of the culture in Egypt so don't be afraid to get stuck in. Jewellery is especially good value and the shops inside the hotel entrance have some beautiful items so no need to go elsewhere if you don't fancy exploring the souk.
Would recommend visiting Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens and Hatshepsut's temple - this can all be done on one excursion with Thomson which we would highly recommend.

The only slight negatives were that despite notices saying not to do so, a few people did reserve sunbeds; however we never had a problem getting a good spot despite this. Also as a blonde haired/blue eyed woman do expect to receive a lot of stares from some of the locals - nobody approaches you but it may be worth covering your hair if you would find this uncomfortable.

Overall an excellent stay and we've already recommend going here to our friends and family.

4  Thank angusjameslaw
Reviewed 27 March 2016

We'd recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Luxor, it far exceeded our expectations based on the price.

The hotel was very clean, we had a large room and access to the pool and other facilities. The buffet breakfast was well presented and there were lots of options. I am gluten free and the staff arranged to have gluten free bread baked for me on the mornings I requested it.

We didn't realise at the time of booking but this hotel shares all facilities with the Winter Palace which is a 5 start luxury hotel.

2  Thank ewestontaylor
Reviewed 27 March 2016

What a wonderful stay we both had. It was the best 7 day stay we have ever had. From check in to check out the whole experience was first class. The staff worked so hard in the pool resturant throughout the whole week despite the Film festival at the Winter Palace. Room lovely overlooking the splendid garden. Food very good and varied to suit any palette. We loved it do much that we have booked again for a 14 day stay in October.

For those who are worried about security. ...nothing to worry. We as tourists are well cared for.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I had a great experience while I stayed for a week at the Sofitel Pavillon Winter Luxor in January 2016. I originally booked this place to stay for 3 nights, however because of my health situation I could not leave from Luxor as intended and therefore had to extend my stay. There are always blessings in disguise, and in this particular case, I received many blessings through the very caring staff members and also a very nice house doctor, they all provided me with excellent hospitality and service. Also the wonderful garden provided me the perfect circumstances and setting for my healing. I stayed at other places in Luxor before. What made this place outstanding and truly remarkable was the sounds of the birds I could hear all day long instead of traffic noise out on the streets. This place is a true oasis of peace and tranquility, the building, the garden and the pool area are all very beautiful. The 2 rooms I stayed in were very clean, spacious and modern, and also included a balconies way over average of what I experienced in other hotels in Luxor. I really enjoyed the views to the beautiful garden below. I felt very safe during my stay and also enjoyed the fact that it is so close to the world famous Luxor temple and that I also could go explore the historical Winter Palace, located on the same property. The only negative things I remember were weak Wi-Fi in the rooms (however excellent in the Lobby) and some issues with mosquitoes in the evening (which the staff took good care on). Overall I received really great value for what I paid.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank YvesNDenver
Reviewed 18 March 2016

The first impression in this hotel was very positive, however, we couldn't leave it entirely satisfied.

What we liked:
- The huge and well maintained tropical garden - it is a wonderful oasis of peace and tranquillity
- The spacious room
- The pool area

What we liked less:
- Bird droppings on balcony
- The behaviour of the staff (we were given the bill in the restaurant without asking it and well before the end of the dinner, the receptionist didn't want to understand why we wanted to check the amount on the credit card reader, we were not assisted to get a taxi etc.)
- Weak wifi-signal in the room.

With a little more of attention by the management it could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business