All reviews rooftop terrace tour guide west bank bicycle rental large canopy bed egypt experience solo female hot water egyptian pound i highly recommend this hotel public ferry sunset felucca airport pickup quiet area air conditioning charming hotel west side
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My sister and I spent one night here and we wish we could have stayed more : it was an incredible experience ! The food is delicious (you can have vegetarian options), the service is amazing (if you need anything, someone will be always there to help you), the hotel is really really beautiful (the decoration, the view on the rooftop is astonishing) and very clean ! You will love it!!! And its as well a very peaceful place to reenergize yourself!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I received a sms with greetings from the hotel and an offer to pick me up at the railway station. I called the hotel from the train and was again offered that they would send a car to pick me up.

Since I know Luxor very well I knew that the station is in a walking distance from the Nile ferry and, on the other side, the hotel equal is is in walking distance from the Nile. I said it wasn't necessary, I'll walk but I was, yet again, offered to be picked up and I accepted.

I have never crossed the Nile by car so I had no idea how long it would take. After 15 minutes I asked when we would be at the hotel because by now, if I had walked, I could already have been at the hotel. The driver told me to relax and asked if I needed a driver tomorrow. Then another 15 minutes passed and I started getting really annoyed. After about 40 minutes minutes I got nervous we were driving in the countryside, in darkness for some 40 - 50 kilometers to get to a hotel at a walking distance from the station. (After 11 hours in a train you are not in a mood to sit another 40 minutes in a car)

Finally we headed towards the Nile and the hotel and we had now come almost full circle back to where we had started. Be prepared that you have to pay the driver for the service of taking you to the hotel you could easily have walked to. A nice little earner.

The roof top restaurant is on fifth floor which in reality in a normal building is equal to sixth floor. Lot of steps to climb.

Suggestion: Take a calèche outside the station and pay 10 Egyptian Pound to the public ferry or walk if you know where the ferry is. On the other side to a taxi to the hotel and pay another 10 pound or walk if you know where the hotel is (Use Google map)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Caironimus
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, I was only at the hotel for one night. I wish I could have stayed longer! I ordered the airport pickup and was sent a car with no seatbelts. Which is the only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars. The hotel itself and the staff were wonderful. The rooms are so nicely decorated and have a comfortable bed. The air conditioner worked wonderfully and there was plenty of hot water. The breakfast was delicious and you have the added benefit of sitting on the rooftop terrace to eat. The declarations on the terrace were just as nice as the inside of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again and hope I can one day.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Cleopatra hotel for a few nights and it really was the highlight of our trip to Egypt.
Our budget was pretty much the same for all the places we stayed in Egypt but Cleopatra was by far the best value for money. The room was great, the staff really helpful and polite and the breakfast was incredible.
Tours booked through the hotel definitely weren't the cheapest but we felt no obligation to buy through them, we did so simply for the convenience.
I would not even considering staying anywhere else if retuning to luxor. One of the best value for money places I have stayed anywhere

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Excursion717936
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while in Luxor. Nasser the man who ran the place was very welcoming and accommodating. His staff were kind and went out of their way to help us. Breakfast was included for some of the Troms and was affordable for those who didn't have it included. In some of the too.s the air con wasn't working but Nasser helped us get another room. Other all it was a great place to stay in Luxor.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends