All reviews egyptian life swimming pool mahmoud bank nile
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We were happy to see this hotel picked out by our agent. Located amidst a Westbank Egyptian village, set against the bank of the Nile, far away from the hustle and bustle of the large city.
We had spacious ensuite rooms, a real apartment, with private terrace. Rooms are large, clean & air conditioned.
The staff was extremely friendly, answering every demand as best they could. Helped our with breakfast packages on early days, accommodated the children if they needed something. They often were intermediary with local drivers and agents to help setup excursions.
We enjoyed the large restaurant terrace with wonderful view on the Nile. The menu card was limited but offered very tasteful local dishes.
We adored the magical sunset boat trip offered by the manager with free tea and snacks.
For us, it was travelling at its best, away from mass tourism and it's inherent traps.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

It is a new experience for us to live the egyptian life while we travel.It is not normal hotel it is a countryside hotel where u can enjoy the view and the food all day long. Staff are so welcoming and nice.They helped us every time we needed them.
We spent an amazing time there and we will go back once a year for sure to enjoy the quiet lifestyle.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Me and my group stayed for 4 nights in this lovely place.
Thank you Mahmoud and Martina for your care and cooperation during these days.
The whole staff did a wonderful job! Thank you all so much and I am already looking forward to the moment we will meet again in Al Baeirat. Martine (Creative Travel) from Holland.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2015

I spent a few lovely days at Al Baeirat on Luxor west bank . Slow place .. relaxing .. no stress .. The staff were laid back but helpful . The owners Mahmoud and Karim . were very friendly. I loved it there . a great place to relax . The bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and modern . the rest of the hotel ..is very traditional Egyptian . If you dont like this . then this hotel is not for you ! I loved it . Power cuts are plenty in Luxor . so take a torch !! we ate only twice in the hotel .. both times the food was very nice ;) breakfast is simple and enough to start the day :) I will definitely stay here again .to avoid the hustle and bustle . :) I walked through the village and took many photos of the people working and children playing The people are happy to stop and chat :) and had many offers of tea :)

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Lovely quiet setting on the West Bank of Luxor.
Lovely little stone house style, with spacious rooms and quaint decor. The towel art is very cool also :-) wi-fi is free but starts and stops so not very reliable but hey its beautiful outside!
You have a semi private garden where you can relax, read, eat dinner etc. The food here is very very nice, especially the chicken curry (reasonably priced £8).
You can walk around the local village with very friendly people or hire a bike.
its a boat ride to the east bank and only take a few minutes and is free, it really is cool crossing the Nile each time you want to hit the busier side.
The cons for me was there are a few mosquito's, geckos and spiders about so just be aware of that. Also, the tour packages are miss-decribed and in my eyes very highly overpriced, especially if you are solo traveler as $80 for first person and if anyone else joins then they only pay around $40!! so they get a discount on you and then its not private anymore! also the guide isn't the greatest. So my advice is to look elsewhere for these!
Overall the service is ok, not much chit chat, but I would recommend staying here! very nice.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo