See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My experience is literally in accordance with the owner's vision ..

Senmut is a very nice bed & breakfast located on the nice and calm west bank of luxor (probably the best terrace in lown). A relaxing and warm neighbourhood makes you enjoy your stay.

The special thing about senmut is that you are not treated as just a guest, but that the owner really tries to let you experience the local culture! it was a very nice and welcoming short trip. (An Egyptian folklore night in the west bank is certainly a thing you should have experienced in your life!)

i can definitely recommend that cozy bed & breakfast,

a satisfied traveller

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2011

A very friendly small B&B on the West Bank of the Nile. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, especially Felix and Mohammed who did everything they could to make our stay comfortable (including arranging laundry, bicycle hire and felucca ride). The room was clean and comfortable, and we had breakfast on the roof top terrace over looking the Nile. The B&B was 2-3 minutes walk to the ferry port so it was really easy to cross to the East bank (directly opposite Luxor temple) for between 20p to 50p each. The B&B was also ideally placed for exploring the West bank - we went with our guide for some of it, and hired bikes for an easy (mostly flat) cycle (15-20mins) to the Ramasseum and nearby sights. I can definitely recommend this - it was great fun! The West bank has a different vibe compared to the East Bank, being less developed, and staying at Senmut B&B gave us a very genuine feel for Luxor life as opposed to staying in a generic high rise hotel. I would love to visit Luxor again (we need more than 3 days!) and would definitely stay at Senmut again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I'm a 50 year-old female who just returned from a solo trip to Egypt. I started planning my trip about 9 months ago and read many reviews on the hotels Luxor had to offer. I settled on Senmut Bed & Breakfast because I was looking for an experience and not just a place to stay. Other than a two-day recovery period in Cairo, Luxor was my first stop on a 12-day trip.

I awoke early the first morning and headed up to the rooftop terrace to watch the sunrise over the Nile. Shortly after, Mohammed appeared and asked if I was ready for breakfast. While I was eating, I expressed how my lungs hurt and I had coughed throughout the night. It was later that I realized that it had taken some time for the smog in Cairo to settle in my throat & chest. Mohammed went out and picked a branch off a tree and made tea for me from the leaves. I can't remember what the tree was but it really eased my symptoms.

Later that morning I announced my intentions to set off for the East Bank to get some money and go to the pharmacy for an inhaler. Sayed, the hotel manager asked me a few questions and my answers prompted him to send his nephew, Felix, with me.

I will be forever grateful for Sayed's intuitiveness and subsequent concern for his guest, although he never showed it. I was truly not prepared to deal with the traffic, the vendors, the men, and the culture in general. That day served to be a valuable lesson, that would serve me well during my fantastic Egyptian vacation.

Sayed also was in contact with the tour company that I had arranged for my excursions. He told them I was traveling with medication that needed to be kept cold. On the morning I left, the tour company was to send a car with a cooler but they neglected to do so. Felix, Mohamed, & Akmed (sp?) packed my medicine in ice and bags to keep it cool throughout the day until I was to go to the airport that evening. Mohamed had also packed some leaves for me to take home so I could make tea.

I cannot express how cared for I felt and how much I enjoyed Senmut and the hospitality they showed. They really made me feel like a part of their family.

Happy Trails!
~Becca

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We stayed here for two nights in Apri. We had walked around the area and also checked some hotels across the river and found this to be a excellent price for the air conditioned room we stayed in. The room was clean, a reasonable size and cleaned each day. Staff were very accommodating and even with an early morning start, we had a lovely breakfast on the roof top overlooking the Nile. There is also a ground level garden to cool off as well as a communual area with internet. This made a wonderful base to explore Luxor and its surroundings. The East bank is easily accessible with the reguarly ferry service that goes across the Nile, but the West bank offer a calm and serenitiy that is lacking on the other side.

Finding a smoke free environment in Egypt is a significant challenge, which was the one draw back of the communal area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We stayed in b&b Senmut for 1 week and it was as we were in paradise. The rooms are very clean and equiped with very good beds. The owner is always standby to help you if you need informations to arrange trips, he gives advice for shops,restaurants, and much more.
The b&b gave us a very warm feeling between the local people far away from the tourist rush. We felt us with the other guests, the owners and the workers as we were one big family in a beautiful house with a romantic roof terrace with an amazing vieuw on the magical Nile.
This is really a place to come back. The kindness and hospitality is great.
Belgium, Antwerp