Mara House
US$21
US$70
US$67
  • Pool
Saint Joseph Hotel(Luxor)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$24
US$70
US$50
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

US$50
US$104
US$96
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

All reviewstrain stationwet roomwest bankrooms are hugesitting roomtour guideindependent travellersboutique hotela great place to stayegyptian historyancient egyptmini barabu simbelstayed longerrooftop terracean oasisnile cruise
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Like some previous reviewers, I was originally a little concerned about the price of this hotel compared to others in the area. However, I decided to book because I felt my husband would appreciate the tour package for his birthday since he and Mara share a love of Abydos and Dendera. We found it was all worth it because that the team behind Mara House is absolutely fantastic, and their care and efforts are what make the place special. The real value is ultimately not in the location, or even in the hotel itself (although it is lovely), but in the tour packages they provide and the team that works to make the experiences memorable.

We got their 3-day Luxor package, and also booked through them for some Cairo tours. I cannot sing enough praises about the outstanding tour guides that Mara House provided for us. Hamdy, Fatima, and Mohamed were so knowledgeable and fun and were happy to talk about all topics, not just ancient Egypt. We learned so much from them.

Ahmed and Amr, the staff of the hotel, went to great lengths to make us comfortable. Ahmed rebooked a tour for us extremely last minute and was on top of every detail, and Amr even got my husband a delicious birthday cake on our last evening.

Ending note: If you are looking for a more relaxed vacation (like with a pool), to care for your budget, or for a traditional "high end" hotel experience, perhaps look at other options. But if you want some seriously good touring and a more intimate introduction to Egypt and it's culture, book this hotel. The team will make it a great experience.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CameliaLTB
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

I doubted the stay before but when i decided to take the 3 nights package to relieve my planning headache, it was the best decision ever made in Egypt. well planned and i need not worry about anything, even to the extent of getting a train ticket with help of ahmad. Mara house shows me there are genuine locals who are welcoming and proud to talk about their culture and history. I will come back!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Jacey W
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

By staying at Mara House, my family experienced a real Egyptian hotel/apartment. The rooms are very spacious and the decor is full of authentic rugs, lamps and furniture. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the food is amazingly good (make sure you book a dinner because the chef is 5 star trained). Our tours of Luxor were well organised and reasonably priced. Highly recommended

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank pgnewton
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Mara's House for an extended vacation and were very pleased with the accommodations. The stairs were a bit challenging but the rooms were very good. The food and service were outstanding. The staff very accommodating. This is an oasis in a typical Luxor neighborhood. We were even visited by camels!

Stayed: December 2016
3  Thank johncappello
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Mara House was simply amazing! The hotel was stunning and the rooms were just as beautiful. The staff was great. They went above and beyond to make me feel welcomed and comfortable during my stay. The food was amazing. I was hoping to get as much authentic Egyptian cuisine as posible during my stay and I was not disappointed in the least. Overall my stay at Mara House was a dream and I highly recommend anyone traveling to Egypt to stay at Mara House, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo