All reviews nile river nice hotel shower door abu simbel main building private tour buffet dinner enjoyed my stay swimming pool restaurant staff breakfast box elephantine island riverside cruise atm luxury boxes
Reviewed 24 January 2018

When we got to the hotel the staff was not really kind nor they seemed willing to help us. While the room had a nice view to the river, it is unbelivable that such an expensive hotel does not have Wi-Fi in the rooms and that the rooms have single beds. The matresses were not comfortable and the bathroom got quite messy after using the shower as it has no door. We requested a late check-out as we were flying in from Abu Simbel and wanted to take a shower after arriving but they refused to grant it. Unless you get a great deal, I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Omg I loved loved this hotel, it was the only hotel that offered us free wifi, even though it was slow, we can access the wifi by the common area. And they have an atm which was fantastic. I loved how clean and beautiful it was. Its a stone throw away from the Nile River and the staff were super nice and friendly. I loved how spacious they rooms are and bathrooms. The pool is a bit far from the hotel. The lunch was nice really affordable lot too many options for vegans though. I would stay here again. Value for money. Did I mention how beautiful and clean it is?!

Room Tip: Ask for the Nile River facing views,it really is beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2018

A beautiful view by the River Nile and a good garden and swimming pools for kids and adults.
Two areas for the rooms; one in the main building where there is the lobby, restaurants and a bar. The other place by the river and the garden and the pools and called chalets.
We were unlucky to believe in the apparent offer from the reception officer to upgrade us by offering us two chalets.
These chalets apparently haven't been visited by the maintenance team for a long time and you wouldn't believe that this is 5 stars hotel, beside we have been attacked by flies in the day time and mosquitoes in the night.
These faults have been mentioned to the manager who responded and apologized for the discomfort we suffered and showed us a new contract for spraying the hotel.
Otherwise things were fine and running well , food was acceptable. We stayed bed and breakfast. Room service menu was also not up to par.
All in all a disappointing stay. Definitely not a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 476sami1939
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had a room few meters away from the Nile river. What a moment serenity I had there. Aircon helped me a lot during the warm weather. In order to get to the restaurant, at the reception you have to give yourserlf about 4 minutes of walk in the sun, and cross underneath the main road. I just wonder what the management does when it is raining season and the guest want to go to have a breakfast - maybe they provide umbrellas?

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Spent one night here before boarding a Nile Cruise. The hotel had only a small number of guests, yet I was given a room in the addition outside near the pool and river but far from the lobby only WiFi access. The room was large, but not tidy and lots of mosquitoes when I entered. After a long day touring, room service was good in the evening , but nobody arrived to retrieve my luggage at the time I had requested in the morning (no answer to phone to check either) The reason nobody came to the room was there was only one person on duty at reception. The breakfast buffet was limited and I had to request assistance to get some eggs and hot coffee. All in all the location and views are good, but the service needs attention. WiFi should be accessible in the outside rooms.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo