How can I say this?? The people of Egypt are so very nice and eager to please you. The Movenpick employees were delightful. But once you got past the very lovely lobby, the rooms were quite old and shabby. Really in need of a refurbishment.
This is a good place to stay if you have kids that just go in and out of the pool and room.
My room had 2 gooey, icky, sticky spots on the carpet that I had to cover with bath towels. Didn't want to walk barefoot in that room.
The buffet was a hit and miss sort of situation. We had one wonderful dinner and one fabulously fresh breakfast there....and then the day of check out....disaster--all old food. Old bread....old dinner items....it was New Years Day, so I guess no one wanted to cook...and we did not want to eat the terrible stale food they set out.
I wish we would of spent the extra money and upgraded the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Giza at the foot of the Pyramids lies the Cairo Pyramids Hotel. The hotel is the perfect starting point for sightseeing, relaxation and business meetings alike. With elegantly appointed rooms and suites, two swimming pools and a variety of bars and restaurants to choose from. Both the Garden wing and the newly opened Pyramids wing are offering guests a contemporary, convenient and comfortable experience. Just 35 kilometer from downtown and 51 kilometers from Cairo airport and with easy access to the new industrial areas around the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairo Pyramids Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Cairo - Pyramids Hotel Giza
- Moevenpick Hotel Cairo Pyramids
- Cairo Pyramids Hotel Egypt/Giza