“Good Hotel”

Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Giza
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We stayed there 4 nights in November. The rooms in the fifth floor were good and clean, good breakfast and the hotel had a local feel. Many Egyptean's in it. The streets outside are quite unattrative and dirty but local restaurants and shops are available .

Room Tip: aske for the Fifth Floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of October 2011 at the end of my Intrepid tour, and loved every moment!
The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable, with a flat screen tv and fridge. The cleanliness and quality of the towels and sheets was very good.
Breakfast was included, and had the usual range of items in addition to fruit, omelettes, and salads.
The restaurant has a great view, and the food was tasty and reasonably priced. Alcohol is available.
The hotel is in a good location being very close to a great supermarket, cafes, restaurants, take away and a 15 minute walk to some floating restaurants on the Nile. It’s also close to the Metro.
The staff were friendly and helpful (in particular George and Sherif) which made the stay very pleasant.
There are quite a few touts in the area, who offer transport, tours and souvenirs in addition to providing useful advice of services and facilities in the area. With the right attitude, you can have some fun!
This was the best hotel I stayed in during my 19 days in Egypt.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank MishMish75
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The staff were very friendly and helpful with information on local hot spots and resources. Very clean, good location and good security. Special thanks to George for making my stay so easy and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank TKotaridis
New York
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed a total of 2 separate nights here on a recent vacation to Egypt. My partner and I booked our Egypt trip through Gap Adventures, and they assigned this hotel to us for our one night, 2 day stay in Cairo. At first we were a little skeptical about the hotel based on the reviews on here, but we were actually pleasantly surprised when we arrived.

It is relatively close to the Giza train station, which is the big tour group train station hub stop, and much closer to the pyramids and Sphinx than downtown or other parts of the town. It's also within 3-4 min walking distance to a Western-catered grocery store with good prices on snacks/drinks (which is crucial for Egypt tours as you have to drink bottled water everywhere), a Domino's pizza, and KFC.

In terms of the condition of the hotel, the hotel rooms are clean, and there's clean towels and a renovated, clean bathroom. There's cable with several TV channels and working AC. On the desk it says it charges $60 USD for foreign visitors, and we ended up having to do that on our last day when the train was delayed and we missed our flight out of Cairo. There is free wifi (although slow) in the lobby, and only LE10 for an hour to use their computer, which I used to book a new flight. Breakfast was included and actually pretty good...the omelettes were yummy, definitely try that. We also had dinner upstairs on the 10th floor - the food was good and prices were very reasonable.

Overall the service was very good, but one thing I did not like was dealing with bellboys, which I felt was a little rude. When I tipped one of them he complained that I didn't give enough and wanted more money! All he did was carry my little duffel bag from the lobby to the taxi sitting right outside the entrance of the hotel. Other than that, a good experience at Pharaohs Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brosernyc
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed 2-nights in this hotel. It had been recommended by our tour company but the price seemed low and I was a bit wary about what to expect. I found our room to be well-kept, clean & tidy. Furnishings were simple but functional; a small table and 2-chairs, small balcony, 2-single beds with wonderful Egyptian cotton sheets that were comfortable enough for me and my husband. If I had any complaints it would be the lumpy pillows but I had a small travel pillow with me for the airplane and that seemed to do the trick.

Breakfast was included ....nescafé coffee, toast & jam, cheese and a small station and all the fixing to make a great omelette - nice touch! The restaurant is open during the day and we had lunch there one day; price was excellent and the food was good, but it did take quite a while to prepare. They serve beer and wine as well. The staff were great, always helpful. Wireless internet was included.

Location was great, close to the Nile and to the bridge. There's a grocer just down the street - didn't really see any restaurants that I would eat at in the immediate are.

Good idea to consider bringing earplugs to block out air conditioner, horns honking into the wee hours and the cacophony of the early morning prayer calls.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy_Ottawa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Concord Hotel
City View Hotel
City View Hotel
#23 of 138 in Cairo
Barcelo Cairo Pyramids

Been to Pharaohs Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!