“food is great”

Maharaja Indian Restaurant at Ramses Hilton
Ranked #16 of 4,272 Restaurants in Cairo
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Description: Indulge in Authentic Indian cuisine at Ramses Hilton. A wide range of individually prepared dishes including vegetarian options are available for you to choose from. Watch our Chefs from India delicately preparing Tandoori in the show cooking area while you savor a glass of lassi. Indian artwork, natural wood floors & atmospheric lighting complement the dining experience at Maharaja.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

i ate the indian food in india and this place has tge same taste of indian foos , you cant feel that it is not real indian ... the waitresses are great .. special thx to badawi he was very nice and smart he recommended many things for us .. it was a blessed

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed the chicken Korma and mango lassi.

I stayed there for three nights, ate there twice. Prices were reasonable too.

Service was excellent.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The best Indian resturant so far from all my trips. The food is authentic and perfectly spiced. Staff attentive and even serviced me extra Naan. I loved it so much I came to dinner here twice in a row.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My Jain best friend and I went for dinner. Mohamed the Assistant Head Waiter was very kind and helpful to ask the chef, Kapil to our table. The entire staff was familiar with the Jain diet and were very accommodating. Both my Indian food (non Jain), and her food was so fresh and delicious. The service was impeccable. The Kulfi was amount the best we ever had!
Thank you for a wonderful meal!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Our group of five was staying at the Ramses Hilton on the final leg of our exhilarating and exhausting two weeks in Egypt. We decided to dine in, but also to dine well. So we settled on the Maharaja, an Indian restaurant in the hotel, and made the necessary reservations. The restaurant came highly recommended.
When we entered the restaurant, it was completely empty, except for a couple of staff. This is something we experienced again and again in Egypt. So called fine restaurants in top hotels were deserted whenever we visited them. The prices is these establishments may be similar, or often less, than prices in comparable places in Europe or the US, but they are very high compared prevailing prices in Egypt. I think most people do not consider it good value for money.
Coming back to our dinner at the Maharaja: being the sole diners in an entire restaurant does have its advantages, if you can ignore the eerie feeling. We got excellent advice on the food and quantity to order. The Indian drinks were excellent. The food, much of it prepared in front of us in an open kitchen, was served in the proper sequence. All the items were uniformly excellent, some of the best Indian food we have had outside of India. The service was exceptionally attentive. With us being the sole diners, it could have become obtrusive, but to the credit of the elderly gentleman, the leader, and his young assistants, it did not. Altogether a very pleasant dining experience.