I had a week long all-day business meetings last July.
I didn't use neither accommodation, nor meeting facilities, only the lobby lounge and Som3a Basha Lounge and restaurant at the ground floor, for 5 consecutive days throughout the whole day.
Food quality is excellent, service is quick and impeccable. It's a bit overpriced, yet the quality of service and food makes up for that.
Yet, I was terribly astonished to find prostitutes present on daily basis in late afternoon and evening, especially in Som3a Basha lounge in restaurant! They were clearly hitting on Gulf residents at the hotel! They were clearly prostitutes from attire and attitude and it does not need an expert to realize that they're prostitutes!
I was really astonished and annoyed to find a hotel of such quality and brand name allowing prostitutes in! As I mentioned earlier, they were clearly and easily recognized!
Other than the presence of prostitutes, my meetings went very well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt hotels, Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino sits in the Zamalek area and is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel in Cairo rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Marriott Cairo