“Old is Gold ”
Review of Petit Palmyra

Petit Palmyra
Ranked #335 of 4,276 Restaurants in Cairo
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

An old restaurant in the heart of Helioplis, famous of its veal scallop & mixed grill, chicken liver, green salads & pigeons. With a cold beer or a glass of wine. Lunch & dinner are nice. Service ok prices good too

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The Petit Palmyra has evidently been a Heliopolis institution for many years. You must approach it as such to enjoy a visit. The restaurant is very old fashioned with Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett songs playing in the background. Service was basically attentive with some small lapses. The Hummus and Egyptian salad starters were great. Fresh and flavorful. Unfortunately our main courses were on a lower standard. The food was edible but totally mediocre and unmemorable. But all in all I am glad that I visited the Petit Palmyra. It gave insight to a side of Cairo that I had not seen previously and was a good experience.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

this place one of the oldest pleases in Heliopolis , good food and good staff , i used to go this place with my grand parents

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

I chose the restaurant Petit Palmyra for holiday dinner. It's a favorite place of my family. Good service and a nice place!!!

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Just for the record, I had an expectation which was somehow different than what I encountered, due to the fact that it was New Year's Eve. I thought there will be romantic scene with piano music, but it was regular music, most of the time loud, suitable for a dance night not a romantic one. Other than this it was nice, waiters were polite & friendly, we had grilled veal chops, kabab, & kofta which was very delicious. Grilled chicken liver as an appetizer with 2 beers made a nice start. I would definitely go again, but will choose my night more carefully.