“nice place”

Ranked #688 of 4,285 Restaurants in Cairo
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 22 December 2015

nice place and good food with nice view , the place i want visit more than one time to enjoy every thing again

Reviewed 1 September 2015

My wife and I had invited a couple for lunch and had investigated how to eat the famous cheese fondue, which needed to be booked in advance. Whereby I physically had gone to the place to investigate matter and got their telephone numbers in order to pre-book the fondue which I did on the day we went. To our surprise when we arrived at the pre-announced and pre-agreed time, no table was available, and no cheese fondue order was waiting for us. After some confusion and debates they offered an alternative dish named raclette stating that it would take some time to prepare. We finally got the raclette which turned out to be a very different dish from what had been described the portions were extremely small and were not sufficient to satiate our lunch appetite. But by the time we had received the food which took forever to arrive we had nibbled on some appetizers with lots of bread that practically had partially filled us up. Besides the food experience, the place was very run down, the atmosphere was all together very odd, the clientele happened to be large families with loads of children of mostly young ages, rather loud, the parents would not bother keeping any of them at bay and the gardens has all kinds of cats storming around and approaching all tables for food etc which seems to be a normal routine for the staff who do not bother taking care of them etc. We would not recommend and shall not go there again for sure.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

what I love in Cairo.. is the fact you can't expect anything.. I was invited to a private party in the Swiss Club, wasn't quite sure what to expect. When the taxi driver dropped me next to a very local cafe .. I thought " oh crap " It took me just 1min walking to the entry gate.. and my jaw dropped. Something really beautiful. the garden, the greenery.. I was totally in love. It was a private party in the garden.. So all I can say is I do recommend you this spot if you want to impress your guests / friends. Not only I was totally in love with this place I forgot I am in Cairo! The trees, fresh air, clean bathrooms, security... Totally loved it!

2  Thank Marry A
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Quite a unique experience in Cairo. Over a century old architecture with a vast garden, wonderful for a Cairo winter weekend day, and an oldies kitchen and service.
The children’s play ground, primitive and serene adds to the beauty of the place.
A predominantly foreign crowd, mostly Swiss/Austrian/German, at least half so, makes it even more different.
The location is somewhat strange, can't get to it easily, yet once you do get there the first time, it is not a problem at all afterwards. Great place for special occasions as well: Receptions, parties, etc. Truly not from here.

2  Thank EhabSerry
Reviewed 1 February 2012

great greenery, a lot of tranquility you forget you are in cairo. Food is good but a bit expensive for the offered quality.
People there are very nice.
There's also a playing area for kids..
It's good to go there every once in a while

1  Thank MinouDelCairo