2,765 results
All reviewsoldest hotelaria restaurantheavenly bedcity halllower lobbythe executive loungelotte department storespg membercocktail hournespresso machinewalking distancemobile phonegreat gymclub levelcentral locationexcellent locationunderground shopping
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The location of this Hotel could not be better. The quality of the facility was excellent including the Club Lounge and Gym. The one unusual feature was that gettin to the gym requires you go through the locker room around the pool and down stairs to another level. The quality of the gym is very good. The only draw back during our stay was the elevators which took forever. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel while your in Seoul for both pleasure and business.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Billy서울, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you so much for your compliment. And we, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed at this Hotel is Seoul for two nights because of its central location. It was typical of the Westin group and everything was excellent from the concierge service to final check out. The room was clean and tidy with usual facilities and it is within walking distance to Myeong-dong shopping district. We can only recommend this hotel its facilities and staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stay in Westin hotels all over the world and prefer to stay in a "Starwood" hotel when they are available. I have been a "Starwood Preferred Guest" (SPG) for many years and have grown to expect a lot from this hotel chain. When you pay this much money for a room and are staying in an executive suite then I think it is reasonable to expect impeccable service.

After many trips and extensive travel to South Korea I question whether my disappointment with "high-end" hotels is a cultural issue. I just don't think Koreans understand "hospitality" and "service" and fail to deliver in this area time and time again. The Westin Chosun Seoul was no different in this regard.

Check-in at the hotel took forever and the gentlemen checking us in was not helpful in informing us of our options for rooms and meals. We purchased vouchers to eat breakfast but were not informed of the time cutoff and missed out on the option to partake in breakfast the following morning. When we informed the hotel that we did not get to take advantage of the breakfast they fought to retain this charge on the hotel bill.

When we went to attend executive happy hour (one of my favorite perks of the Westin hotel chain) there was a long wait for a table. What is the point of an executive happy hour and paying extra for this perk if you might not be able to partake in the experience? This was a first for me.

The level of service at the hotel just isn't up to par with what I have grown to expect from the Westin hotel chain and the global standard for service and hospitality they have set for themselves.

I would not recommend this hotel even though the location is great. There are other hotels in the area and the service you get at the Westin doesn't justify the price when you can stay at a "Love Motel" with nice rooms in the area for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your constructive comments regarding your stay with us.
First of all, I would like to extend my sincere apology for all the shortcomings you experienced with. Your comments regarding staff service attitude and lining up to enter cocktail hours at our club lounge have been copied to our management. And we will seek to come up with the best solutions for this not only to increase seat capacity up to 40 more or but also make a private dining area to accommodate family guests.

And thank you again for your bringing these matters to our attention, and if you have a future plan to visit us, please do copy me in your e - mail, I am more than happy to prepare everything in details for making your stay a memorable one.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Seoul is such an amazing city. We were only here for two nights. Buffet was amazing. Very recommended. Be careful with the iPhones in the rooms. For only using it for 30mins we were charged USD $300. Rooms were very nice. We took a city tour that took us to the DMZ and around Seoul. I am very happy with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Location +++
Service +++, attentive, everyone is friendly and smiling, well done for a busy city hotel
Food +, buffet breakfast venue and variety average, italian restaurant venue average, didn't try the Japanese
Drinks: very good Martinis, snacks accompanying the drinks are over prices
Gym: Great gym, very well equipped, huge, modern, clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business