I stay in Westin hotels all over the world and prefer to stay in a "Starwood" hotel when they are available. I have been a "Starwood Preferred Guest" (SPG) for many years and have grown to expect a lot from this hotel chain. When you pay this much money for a room and are staying in an executive suite then I think it is reasonable to expect impeccable service.
After many trips and extensive travel to South Korea I question whether my disappointment with "high-end" hotels is a cultural issue. I just don't think Koreans understand "hospitality" and "service" and fail to deliver in this area time and time again. The Westin Chosun Seoul was no different in this regard.
Check-in at the hotel took forever and the gentlemen checking us in was not helpful in informing us of our options for rooms and meals. We purchased vouchers to eat breakfast but were not informed of the time cutoff and missed out on the option to partake in breakfast the following morning. When we informed the hotel that we did not get to take advantage of the breakfast they fought to retain this charge on the hotel bill.
When we went to attend executive happy hour (one of my favorite perks of the Westin hotel chain) there was a long wait for a table. What is the point of an executive happy hour and paying extra for this perk if you might not be able to partake in the experience? This was a first for me.
The level of service at the hotel just isn't up to par with what I have grown to expect from the Westin hotel chain and the global standard for service and hospitality they have set for themselves.
I would not recommend this hotel even though the location is great. There are other hotels in the area and the service you get at the Westin doesn't justify the price when you can stay at a "Love Motel" with nice rooms in the area for a fraction of the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Seoul's main business and shopping district, the Westin Chosun Seoul is within easy walking distance of major embassies, banks, commercial and government offices, as well as national museums, historic palaces and local markets. 462 Spacious rooms, including 40suites, are exceptionally furnished with every modern amenity. Advanced features include Westin's signature Heavenly Bed, anti-allergy carpet, premium espresso coffee machine, LED TV with Internet, oversized beds, individually controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator, mini bar, in-room electronic safe, full-size writing desk with office task chair, and voice mail. • Institutional Investor - World's Top 100 Hotels (4 consecutive years) • Asiamoney - Best Hotel in Seoul (3 consecutive years) • Travel +Leisure - World's Best 500 Hotels • Conde Nast Travel - Best Hotel in Seoul • Smart Travel Asia - Asia' Top 25 Business Hotels (5 consecutive years) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Chosun Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Westin Chosun Hotel Seoul
- Westin Seoul
- Seoul Westin