2,810 results
All reviews heavenly bed oldest hotel aria restaurant city hall lower lobby the executive lounge lotte department store cocktail hour spg member nespresso machine walking distance mobile phone great gym club level excellent location central location underground shopping
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This hotel is in a great location. Myeong-dong shopping district is within 10 minutes walking distance, and there are convenience stores/ donut shop/ coffee shop right downstairs the hotel.

Room is perfect - spacious, luxurious, and very clean and bright. Loved the Nespresso machine in the room.

I was first checked-in to a room where the air conditioning is not cool enough, thus I called the customer service and a technician arrived promptly to check on the situation. Afterwards, the hotel promptly offered a room change. All hotel staff I encountered are attentive and nice with a sincere smile.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Billy서울, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you so much for your compliment. And we, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed there because last year I won a prize. The room fee was high but they sponsored 3 hotel nights there. Westin is a brand of Starwood. I worked at another Westin Hotel in my hometown so I wanted to experience the service of Westin Chosun. The location is so good!!You can walk to Myeongdong in 3 minutes. The room is not big as other starwood hotels, maybe because the hotel is not new. It was renovated sometime ago I heard.
The staff were nice. I had breakfast there and the service was good.
As an employee of this group, I always go to sister property to test their service. So when I encountered problem, I called the service express. Their English was good and they were helpful.
I like Westin Chosun. If I'm rich enough, I will choose to live there in the future.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Received email from the hotel prior to my arrival informing me that I've been upgraded and my room was confirmed .
4 days before my arrival to seoul , Hailey and Kaylee from concierge assisted me in booking domestic flights because the website of the airline won't accept foreign credit cards and found me seats in flights that were fully booked online.
the hotel is right in the heart of seoul and is only walking distance to many attractions .

Date of stay: July 2012

Reviewed 18 July 2012

The hotel is in a great location and is very luxurious. however, it had a business feeling about it.
I was surprised to hear that kids only above the age of 14 were allowed in the lounge! in almost every westin, children could come and go in the lounge as they pleased. Same goes for the gym where kids only above 16 could enter. The pool is very nice and the gym is excellent.
overall its a very nice hotel but i would not recommend it to families.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mattchko
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at the Westin Seoul chosun earlier this year for 3 nights. Concierge was fantastic and spot on with their restaurant / massage venue recommendation and was very patient with all of our questions and making reservations / checking for availability. We doont speak korean and found that koreans dont speak english well.

Location is great, walking distance to most major shopping districts. Very close to the subway station though we used taxis for places we couldnt walk to. Always easy getting one at the hotel and all of the drivers knew where the hotel is. There are plenty of convenience stores near by if you forget anything.

overall made our stay very enjoyable and much easier than we expected. would definitely consider staying at this hotel again when back in seoul.

Room tip: We had a room facing the temple / pagoda and it was quite pretty as there was an ice rink set up outside and we were not looking into another building. was a very quiet room.
Date of stay: January 2012