We chose the Oakwood Premier Coex when we couldn't get availability at another hotel we considered. I'm so glad we ended up in this one!
The rooms are HUGE. Crazy huge. Mine had a giant bedroom, big bathroom (with separate tub and shower/ steam room), huge living room, little dining area, half bath, full kitchen, long entry hall. They're nicely decorated and very homey. I also LOVED having a washing/ dryer in my room. So handy.
The gym is absolutely fantastic. It's a very posh fitness club that other in people in Seoul pay memberships for. Loved the pool, hot tub, showers, etc. It felt like a spa!
The service at the hotel was extremely friendly and efficient. Not knowing any Korean, they were super helpful in writing phrases and requests on paper for me to hand to taxi drivers, etc.
The thing I loved the most about this hotel, though, is the location. In my mind, it was absolutely ideal. Within blocks are countless incredible restaurants... Little places with amazing Korean BBQ, incredible sushi, a cafe with free internet and delicious Western sandwiches, etc (if you need a break from Asian faire). Within a mile-or-so walk is a gorgeous park with rolling hills, old royal tombs, beautiful tree groves, and a great exercise path. Underneath the hotel is the largest underground mall in Asia. Almost any store you can imagine is down there. And finally, down the street is the most beautiful Buddhist temple complex and monastery. It still functions, and you can go watch/ participate in the monks chanting, etc. It was my very favorite thing in Seoul. I could have spent a whole day there observing and exploring!
If I return to Seoul, I'll definitely be staying at the Oakwood. It's on the pricey side, but so worth it for what you get and the location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your home in the Samsung district, Oakwood Premier Coex Center Seoul. The property is the first luxury serviced apartment that boasts the experience of a 5-star hotel accommodation in Seoul. It is located in the Coex Center, a business, shopping and lifestyle hub, and a short walk to the Samsung train station and the Bong-Eu-Sa Buddhist temple. Offering a blend of extravagance and attention to detail, Oakwood Seoul consists of 280 fully furnished luxury serviced apartments that combine lavish indulgence and the pleasures of home in one exquisite setting. Each apartment is a perfect combination of space, color and rich designs, providing the tranquility of home while presenting a range of splendid indulgences in a safe, exclusive and protected setting. Oakwood Premier Coex Center Seoul completes the 5-star lifestyle experience with a range of lavish facilities for business and leisure travelers, expatriates and discerning residents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oakwood Premier Coex Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakwood Premier Coex Hotel Seoul
- Oakwood Premier Coex Center Seoul