Hotel Artnouveau Seocho
Shilla Stay Seocho(Seoul)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pav(Seoul)
View Hotel
All reviewsgangnam stationkitchenettefurnitureamenitiesairportsinkcleanlinessconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in December and it was everything we needed. The room was big and clean. There were tons of coffee shops and small convenient stores around for breakfast and snacks. Just across street there was an amazing BBQ chicken place. The location is good. Very close to several hospitals and walking distance to Gangnam shopping area. There is a bus stop that will take you straight to the airport super conveniently.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
희준 김, 제너럴 매니저 at Hotel Artnouveau Seocho, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I spend about half of a year in any hotel/serviced apartment in all over the world due to my job and it absolutely is the worst place I've ever seen until now.

I found out a body hair when I just checked in. It is ok, it can happen, it is humane, I am not neither that perfect nor that much demanding.

On my second or third day of stay out of about 2 weeks in total, I found a used contact lens next to my washstand; I don't wear either glasses or contact lenses so it was DEFINITELY NOT MINE.

Terrified and horrified, I made a complaint at the reception desk. They didn't even pass by my room to check up what really happended.

Instead of giving me a clear explanation on what brought other's used contact lens to my room and an official apology and, a better cleaning service, the only response I got from them was WORSENED cleaning status. One day I came back home and found my bathroom dustbin not cleaned in the middle of the bathroom; the other day I found my bed half done; and one another day I had no towel, etc, etc.

I emphasized again on receiving a proof of problem check-up process run by the management and their sincere regret since it was only getting worse and I could not have confidence on them. I could not feel secured at all in their place during my stay.

And their answer was fantastic;

"We discussed with the direction and we cannot offer you more than that: have a coffee coupon of about $20 at the reception.”

Oh yes, when they fail to provide the service they are supposed to provide and when the client makes complaint, they consider him as a black consumer. SO INSULTING. I have never felt that insulted till now.

I don’t know what they think, but finding out someone else’s used contact lens in my room may also mean that I may find out someone else’s used condom in my room as well.

I sincerely advise you travelers, to go there if you want to be treated as a THING instead of being treated as a customer. Or make another decision. There are so many hotels in Seoul of the same range whose direction and employees are better educated.

By the way, I found two more other's used contact lenses afterwards. You can find them downside.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the cleaning is reasonably done. And be aware of cockroaches.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank princesskyo

Your review will be very helpful to other guests who want to stay here.
I really apologized that you don't feel good with room cleaning.
I promise that it will be better through service training every month.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

It was cheap for the quality of stay. If you are on a budget but want a good hotel in a great location, near Gangnam and Seocho, then this hotel is for you. There is a direct bus line to the Incheon Airport nearby hotel and the hotel is located about 1 mile away from Gangnam city center.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Services cost money and if you want various services that only a full service hotel can provide this residence/stay is not for you. If however you are self sufficient and can live with minimal hotel staff support then this price-wise apartment style stay will be just what you want. Property III is located in Seocho-dong bear to the prosecutor's office, the courts, and the lawyers area of Seoul. Of course there are other things like cosmetic surgery centers and endless shopping areas. Rooms are small but there are kitchenettes and laundry machines. The one drawback is the tiny shower and bathroom are so small that you will feel like sardines in a can. Many people will not fit in the shower stall at all due to their large sizes. Good luck getting your money back due to this size issue.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelRover7777

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Great service. Especially Mr. KIM. He did everything possible to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Only down side is room cleaning and facilities maintenance could be better. Otherwise full stars.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple