Book In Advance

from US$200.00
More Info
from US$76.00
More Info
All reviews seafood king crab abalone octopus restaurants upstairs snow crab sea creatures sashimi style overhead bridge fried rice stall owners side dishes white fish alaskan crab stalls selling unique experience korean friend
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Very cheap seafood. You can find variety of fish, squids, lobsters, etc. for a very reasonable price. For me it's very cheap compared to Japan.
After select the seafood you want, you can go upstairs and bring them to the restaurant. There would be a cooking service available but quite expensive (but worth it anyway)

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Never ever left a negative feedback on TripAdvisor but I have to share my experience at the Noryangjin fish market

We did ask the cooking price in detail before picking this restaurant as one of the restaurant speaks mandarin. We were told 3000 won “sitting” fee for head and 8000 won for cooking king Crab if weight more than one kg. However, we end up being charged 20000 won for each stir fry, 7000 won per kg for king crab and 8000! won each for grilled prawn, 5000 won sitting fee. When we questioned the charging, another staff (who also speaks mandarin) said all the charges are correct and apparently there are 2 types of “sitting” fees.

If ordering meals at the fish market, please be cautious. Make sure you have checked the cooking fees per dish beforehand and have the fees written down so there will be no disagreement later.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

This so called traditional fish market, apparently due to its popularity and inflow of tourists, is not so "traditional" anymore. Though open for 24 hours, we went there during night time, most of the stalls closed and limited seafood available, most of the stalls selling the same range of seafood. I would rather go to a better restaurant with the same price.

1  Thank BennyO167
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I headed here on the Metro system early one Friday afternoon recently and more or less followed my nose out of the station, through an underpass and came out between the two buildings that make up the bulk of this extensive fish market.

I first wandered over to the old building. There were still many stallholders selling their wares but around 2 o'clock in the afternoon there were few buyers. It's safe to say that you should be able to buy any type of marine life you fancy eating here. I wasn't buying and I was rarely stopped for any hard sell.

Later, I walked over to the much newer building where, again there seemed to every thinkable type of marine life available for purchase. Again there were more than enough stalls but few customers. I took the escalator up to the first floor where there was very much the same extensive selection, including loads of dry fish and stalls where you could buy sauces, pastes etc. Lining this floor were many small, rustic type restaurants where I'm sure fresh sea food is a guarantee. I headed deep into the interior of this floor and found an edo sushi restaurant which I simply couldn't resist.

This is certainly the place to come if you are curious about seeing a traditional market with the complete focus on the sea and everything that swims, crawls or simply exists in it.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Eyekaytoo
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Went here by taxi from Myeongdong hotel, it took like 15 mins no traffic 6:30 am.

Pros: just nice to see the difference between the seafood here and other places. Stingray seems popular. We came early so the restaurants are closed and we never bothered to make sure bec it’s early to have a hearty fish meal.

cons: It’s not a small place. It’s pretty big. Can be exhausting for seniors.
Price can be expensive so choose what’s exotic for you.