All reviews an early flight checking in gimpo airport stayed here subway station great location convenience wifi luggage
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I missed my flight and needed an overnight convenient to Gimpo International. This was the spot. There is no airport shuttle (don't rely on that 2017 review that speaks of one; it is no longer; had I known that, I would've found another hotel). Cabs are easily available (the front desk called one for me and helped load my luggage) and there's a cute little cafe on-site. It's a pretty space; the room was immaculate (well, save for the fact that I did spy a prior occupant's toothpaste cap behind a hard-to-reach location next to the otherwise GORGEOUS sink and deep tub). It's a delightfully cute space; I wish I could've stayed longer and made it, e.g., a base from which to explore Seoul or parts north; alas. The staff was kindly, but? I am certain that I was up/overcharged for being a foreigner and last minute/walk-in booking. I was impatient; I should've sat outside the hotel and had someone book it for me under a Hotels.com or other broker. As a result, I may've been up/overcharged at least $40 USD. Oh, well.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
thomaschun, 매니저 at Royal Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Valued Customer

First of all, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your warm comments about Royal Square Hotel. We are all really happy to hear that you had a memorably good time during your stay with us.

We deeply appreciate your valuable comments again and sincerely wish you and your family good health and peace.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

If you have an early flight from Gimpo, this hotel is an excellent choice. As mentioned before by other guests, modern rooms on the small side, clean, comfortable, quiet, good wifi. The subway is not only convenient because of the airport, it brings you within 40 minutes into the city center. Staff were friendly with intermediate level of English language. I would stay there again. Great value for money.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Customer

The kind comments you left about your experience during your stay will be of great help to those who are planning to use Royal Square Hotel. As always, your compliments and words of encouragement inspire us to serve you better by making RoyalSquare a more attractive hotel you would like to revisit, as a business hotel bearing the values of Royal Square Hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I stayed here before an early flight from Gimpo, and it was perfect for that. Just a couple of minutes walk out of Songjeong subway station, so I didn't have to drag my bags far. Aside from checking in and out I didn't speak to the staff at all, but they were friendly and fast. The room was spotless and spacious enough for the price. The bed was comfortable and there's a little veranda-type seating area too.

The immediate neighbourhood has convenience stores and some places to eat, and the Lotte Mall and department store are about 15 minutes walk away. The location is less ideal for visitors to Seoul, with the city centre being about 30 minutes away by subway, but if you don't mind the train ride then this hotel is good value and you would struggle to find a similar place at this price in town.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
thomaschun, 매니저 at Royal Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

This is the first time that I go to an hotel and doesn’t give the chance to make the change !
And the personnel doesn’t give the solution...they only say...please try tomorrow to find a bank !
At the same time...a very poor breakfast...dedicated only to the Korean community...

Date of stay: April 2018

Dear Valued Customer ,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Royal Square Hotel, Seoul.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived from Incheon and bound for Jeju next day. Choosing an overnight stay that is not too costly and has updated facilities is not easy. Royal Square is the best choice.

1) Take all stops train from Incheon to Gimpo station (25 min). Transfer to Line 5 bound for Songjeong station. Its 1 stop away. Next day take the same route back to Gimpo

2) Exit Songjeong station Exit 3 or 4. Those with luggage, take the elevator to street level. The hotel is a few steps away at 30 Donghangdae-ro

3) Rooms are smallish but modern and clean with separate toilet and bath so there is no dampness. There is good wifi and cable TV. Tea and coffee making facilities etc

4) Along the main road, there are restaurants and convenient stores

5) The Royal Steak resto inside the hotel is supposed to be some famous steak place.

6) Do note the breakfast buffet costs K13200 and ends at 9 am !

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank joshuabenjoseph
thomaschun, 매니저 at Royal Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Valued Customer,