All reviews the cleaning lady myeongdong station comfortable stay twin room great location carpet receptionist fridge exit
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Impression:
- Looks stylish from outside;
- Room surprisingly small, basically area counts for the double bed, a little alley beside the bed, a small foyer space beyond the entry door, toilet comprising wc and sink without independent shower compartment;
- a little pantry outside the room;
- no teeth brush and paste provided, one small towel for each person.

What made me happy:
- Within 3 minutes walk from metro exit;
- Room is clean;
- AC is good.

What upset me:
- Terribly small space, but cost $80 US per night;
- Shower just made the whole toilet wet, remove tissue paper before shower;
- Hot water is sometimes not stable;

Recommendations:
- Go for it if just looking short comfy stay;
- Don't go for it if experience of hotel room counts for critical part of the trip

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yusihn
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I’m not not a picky person. In Asia you generally need a go with the flow attitude. I checked into Dott traveling alone. I needed something midrange. Didn’t want a hostel, but didn’t need a 5 star either.

Dott looked nice and stylish from the outside. Very close to the subway, and close enough to the “fun” area without being noisy. It appears to be some branded hotel just opening. There were a lot of issues that I could allow because it just opening. Issues like noisy construction on the bar downstairs, and messy unopened areas.

I was told I was given “the bigger room” which worries me to see the other room. Mine was really small. But no problem. It’s Asia. At least it was clean.

The room had what I call a suicide window/door. A 4 foot window from the floor that when unlatched opened completely to an 8 story drop. Not ideal for kids, but I didn’t mind.

The shower was attached to the bathroom mirror at shoulder height and sprayed onto the toilet and toilet paper in the EXTREMLY small bathroom. Tiny little towels only. Oh well. I can make it work.

No breakfast or room service .(or even phone) REALLY NOT A PROBLEM. The Grand Hotel across the street offers their buffet breakfast VERY cheap! It’s amazing

The deal breakers....

The beds were super uncomfortable and hard. I don’t mind hard, but this very terribly uncomfortable.

Check out was 11, and when I asked if I could check out at 12, I was told no because the rule was 11 and he wasn’t the boss. Rooms were empty everywhere. They certainly didn’t need the room.

So for these 2 reasons I give the poor review I do. If you want to be a trendy boutique hotel you need to get the basics right. Comfort and service. Not off to a good start Dott.

I stayed at many other hotels for the same price and location. Easy going or not, you can do better than this place. Otherwise you may find yourself contemplating to use of your suicide window

Stayed: January 2018
6  Thank Devon S
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Hotel is in a great location. Its off the busy main road of myeongdong, but near myeongdong train exit 8. First impressions were small,cosy and clean. It had all the basics, including a water dispenser along the corridor, hair dryer, TV, heater/aircon, refrigerator. Some of the pleasant surprises were the washing machine & dryer, bed warmer (was definitely perfect on cold nights). Some unexpected surprises included the fact that only small towels were provided, so if you are used to big towels, you could bring your own. If not several small towels does the job too.

The space i had was just nice for one luggage, so i would imagine 2 luggages would be a tight fit. Bed was decent, felt a little hard when i first sat on it but it actually had a lot of support.

One gripe i have is the hot/cold balance of the shower, a touch to the knob it becomes burning and a touch it becomes cold. However, of course this could be a one off issue because of my room and it wasn't that big an issue (because I actually didn't inform the staff).

The staff that checked me in was helpful and I actually troubled him several times to get the tv to work.

Overall, I would definitely reccomend it for people looking for a budget option that is easily accessbile.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nillyfelt
Reviewed 2 November 2017

All staffs are very helpful, room is not as big as a the regular 3 star hotel but the twin room is big enough for me and my sister, we have two big luggage with us but we were able to open them both on the floor with ease. They provided us nice slippers each, 3 small bath towel, body wash, and shampoo. If you want your room to be cleaned you have to advise the receptionist for the day, so that they can schedule the cleaning lady the next day. Internet is fast. The best part of our room is the heated bed, since we went here autumn and got really chilly outside around 5 degrees celsius lowest, the heated bed eased the body aches also from all the walking that we had.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the 9th floor so you have access to the rooftop, nice view!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tin F
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I've book a room with queen size bed

- room is just able to fit one luggage
- small toilet, basically toilet size but also ur shower area.. no issues for that.. just rmb to remove the toilet paper from the toilet when u bathe
- no toothbrush/paste provided rmb to get ur own (but not at the dott mart; expensive)
- bed is Super hard
- there's a fridge in the room, good condition
- hair dryer provided, good condition
- 3 towels provided can ask for more.. not big bath towel but is enough to wipe ur body..
- great location! Myeongdong station.. exit 10 and the myeongdong shopping is just next to u! Convenient storesss around u
- it was raining and I request for an umbrella but was told that I need to buy.. they r selling at 9900won. I cross the street and get one umbrella from 7-11 cost 4500won
- room is clean

Basically it's not a hotel hotel.. but overall I enjoy my stay over there! For the price I've paid.. i would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Thecouple0222
dotthotel, 프론트 매니저 at Hotel Dott Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and the beautiful review!

You explained really well about good and bad things about our hotel :) They are all true!

If I could comment one thing, it would be about umbrella. We also have 5000won, which is much better quality than the one in 7-11. I guess it was all sold out when you needed.

We, Hotle DOTT staffs are so happy that you were satisfied with your stay :)
Thanks again and hope to see you again!
We are looking forward to your next stay :)