All reviews the cleaning lady myeongdong station comfortable stay twin room great location pantry carpet receptionist fridge exit
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Hotel is in a great location. Its off the busy main road of myeongdong, but near myeongdong train exit 8. First impressions were small,cosy and clean. It had all the basics, including a water dispenser along the corridor, hair dryer, TV, heater/aircon, refrigerator. Some of the pleasant surprises were the washing machine & dryer, bed warmer (was definitely perfect on cold nights). Some unexpected surprises included the fact that only small towels were provided, so if you are used to big towels, you could bring your own. If not several small towels does the job too.

The space i had was just nice for one luggage, so i would imagine 2 luggages would be a tight fit. Bed was decent, felt a little hard when i first sat on it but it actually had a lot of support.

One gripe i have is the hot/cold balance of the shower, a touch to the knob it becomes burning and a touch it becomes cold. However, of course this could be a one off issue because of my room and it wasn't that big an issue (because I actually didn't inform the staff).

The staff that checked me in was helpful and I actually troubled him several times to get the tv to work.

Overall, I would definitely reccomend it for people looking for a budget option that is easily accessbile.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nillyfelt
Reviewed 2 November 2017

All staffs are very helpful, room is not as big as a the regular 3 star hotel but the twin room is big enough for me and my sister, we have two big luggage with us but we were able to open them both on the floor with ease. They provided us nice slippers each, 3 small bath towel, body wash, and shampoo. If you want your room to be cleaned you have to advise the receptionist for the day, so that they can schedule the cleaning lady the next day. Internet is fast. The best part of our room is the heated bed, since we went here autumn and got really chilly outside around 5 degrees celsius lowest, the heated bed eased the body aches also from all the walking that we had.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the 9th floor so you have access to the rooftop, nice view!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tin F
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I've book a room with queen size bed

- room is just able to fit one luggage
- small toilet, basically toilet size but also ur shower area.. no issues for that.. just rmb to remove the toilet paper from the toilet when u bathe
- no toothbrush/paste provided rmb to get ur own (but not at the dott mart; expensive)
- bed is Super hard
- there's a fridge in the room, good condition
- hair dryer provided, good condition
- 3 towels provided can ask for more.. not big bath towel but is enough to wipe ur body..
- great location! Myeongdong station.. exit 10 and the myeongdong shopping is just next to u! Convenient storesss around u
- it was raining and I request for an umbrella but was told that I need to buy.. they r selling at 9900won. I cross the street and get one umbrella from 7-11 cost 4500won
- room is clean

Basically it's not a hotel hotel.. but overall I enjoy my stay over there! For the price I've paid.. i would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Thecouple0222
dotthotel, 프론트 매니저 at Hotel Dott Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and the beautiful review!

You explained really well about good and bad things about our hotel :) They are all true!

If I could comment one thing, it would be about umbrella. We also have 5000won, which is much better quality than the one in 7-11. I guess it was all sold out when you needed.

We, Hotle DOTT staffs are so happy that you were satisfied with your stay :)
Thanks again and hope to see you again!
We are looking forward to your next stay :)

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Location of the hotel is very good as it is at Myeondong - plentiful shops and restaurants at the hotel doorstep. 100m (5 mins walk) from Myeondong Subway St. Come out of Exit 9 or 10 and walk on the lane between the two exits and the hotel is sited at the end of the lane on the right hand side. Need to take steps coming out of the station from these two exits.

The rooms are newly renovated, quiet and cozy but very small. Also there is no safe in the room or at the reception - kinda bothered us as have to bring our passports and $$ everywhere. The beds are Super hard - we didn't mind but some people may have difficulties sleeping. Receptionist can speak English (which is a plus as most Koreans doesn't seem able to communicate in English)

Paid USD50/day - for us reasonable for the location and the cozy room. The hotel is still being renovated but since we are out during the day, we didn't experience any noise.

Need to inform reception by 11am if require housekeeping services. They forgot to clean our rooms once even though we informed them earlier. They clean it the next day after reminded them. Seems this also happened to other reviewers previously.

Have common sharing pantry and washing machine at Level 9.

Stay at room 901 - which is very bright during the day as the curtains are paper blinds. Can request for smaller windows / darker room if this bothers you.

They only provide face towels - bring your own towels if you require bigger towels. Apparently this is common in Seoul.

Saw the double bed room - If there are two of you, suggest book the twin room as the double bed size is very small versus the two single beds (twin).

Since the room is very small, the carpet tends to get wet when coming out from the tiny bathroom. For now this is fine as the rooms are newly renovated but surely have damp smell a few years later.

Overall, comfortable stay in a prime location.

Room Tip: HIgh floors, Twin room , Less bright/smaller windows/darker room as they use paper blinds as curtains
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jimmy C
dotthotel, 프론트 매니저 at Hotel Dott Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hello, our guest! This is DOTT HOTEL.

First of all, thank you very much for leaving a detailed review for our hotel :) It will be very helpful for all our guests! and very sorry about the problem that you have experienced.

All the staffs of Dott Hotel will share your precious review and offer a better service and facilities.

Thanks again and hope to see you again:)

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I arrived at the hotel pretty early around 8.30am and asked if I could do an early check-in and they willingly obliged even though the official check-in time was 2pm! I was pleasantly surprised because I was able to catch up some rest and shower before I get out early afternoon. I really appreciate for this very early check-in request!
I've stayed at similar hotels in Seoul but the rooms were not as clean and new as Dott. Their power sockets are international friendly with USB ports, so you need not bring your international power plugs. The room's interior has a sleek and trendy setting as well. I really recommend this place for solo travelers. It's really convenient as it's also near exit 9 and 10 of Myeongdong Station. The only drawback was there were no blankets provided, I'm not sure if they had missed this out because of the early check-in but the night was chilly even with the bed heat and after switching off the air con. Other than that, I really appreciate the great service and I'm sure to return again for my next trip to Seoul.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank starylosophy
dotthotel, 프론트 매니저 at Hotel Dott Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Hello, our guest! This is DOTT HOTEL.

First of all, thank you very much for leaving a review for our hotel :) Regarding the blankets, we are very sorry about the problem that you have experienced.

Thanks again and hope to see you again:)