All reviews shopping mall inya lake vietnamese restaurant olea restaurant lantern restaurant mo mo lake view great hotel premium room construction site business trip modern hotel excellent breakfast buffet executive lounge house keeping small things pool and gym
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Amazing from the time you arrive. Staff was extremely helpful. Mimi (not sure of spelling)was very helpful and the duty manager went out of his way to help me with a laptop to organise my flight check ins.
The highlight for me was the breakfast..the best selection ever catering to health conscious as well as those who simply wish to indulge. Nothing was too difficult for the staff. I love papaya and on morning there wasn't any on the table, so I just asked the staff. Within minutes a platter of beautifully sliced papaya appeared on in front of me.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
MeliaYGN, Manager at Melia Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive comment about your recent stay. We will make sure to pass on your congratulation to our hard-working staff who made such a memorable stay possible.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I was very impressed with an overall of the hotel but not water supply in my room (509). I spent the whole day traveling around Yangon and felt really exhausted so I needed to relax in a bath tube but unfortunately, the water supply was really dirty (water was yellow to brown, wasn't clear as it should be). Had to give up and just took a shower instead :(

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
MeliaYGN, Manager at Melia Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Aey N,

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry to hear the issues encountered during your recent stay with us. I will personally make sure to check the reason for this and make sure it does not affect any other guests. Once again, please accept our apologies for this unfortunate problem.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Meliá Yangon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We stayed at this hotel because of a conference. It still turned out to be a fantastic choice. The rooms were well appointed and clean. The gym and pool were both excellent (ac in gym could have been cooler but great equipment). Breakfast was a gem with Asian and western selections aplenty. It reminded me of one of our other favorite breakfasts at a Shangri-La hotel in China. Taxis into attractions were easy to get with negotiated rates from the bellman. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
MeliaYGN, Manager at Melia Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Pctrainer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that you were positively impressed by our hotel and especially by our gym and pool area. As you mentioned, we praise ourselves in offering a vast choice of international choices at our breakfast buffet to cater to our global guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Meliá Yangon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I always have an excellent experience staying at this hotel when visiting Yangon. The facilities are new and very well maintained, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the location is convenient next to the Myanmar Plaza mall where there are shops and lots of restaurants. The gym is big and has all new equipment, and the pool is also very nice. The breakfast buffet at the Melia is top notch. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
MeliaYGN, Manager at Melia Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Charlesaltone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive comment about your recent stay. As you mention, we are conveniently located next to Myanmar Plaza shopping mall, giving all our guests the perfect location in town.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Meliã hotel last year and never consider another hotel for this year.

The moment I arrived to excellent service began and all given with friendly courtesy and big smiles. They even remembered my last stay and my preferences.

Lin, at reception was efficient, friendly and began the process of making me feel at home. Every staff member gave me all the information I needed to know and made me feel nothing would be too much trouble. I said it last year, the staff are brilliant and management really knows how to run a top hotel.

The drinks were great, the food fresh and delicious and all the ammenities up to and above standard. Another enjoyable stay at the Meliã. Well done and thank you.

Check out was fast friendly and again efficient as to get me to the airport on time. I will be back this is a great hotel, don’t wast your time looking for anything else, it’s all here.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear GregAussie1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see the amazing experience you had with us recently. We are truly proud to receive your kind words for the hard work put in place by our staff.