“superb shrimp...”
Review of Le roi du Cossa

Le roi du Cossa
Ranked #16 of 133 Restaurants in Kinshasa
Reviewed 4 March 2018

shrimp coming from the region, just with a butter, garlic and "pili pili" sauce - can't get better! Accompanied by a real portuguese "green wine" vinho verde, light and cold.
In Kinshasa's heat a real must!

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

The new location is nicer but that is the only positive. I used to love this place but my last experience there was terrible. An error was made with the order and staff refused to correct it. When we requested to speak to a manager they were not even there. We ate our meal anyways until we came across bad shrimp I managed to spit mine out but my boyfriend ended up with food poisoning. When we told wait staff they did nothing. We spent over 70$ for the wrong food that made my boyfriend sick. Never again and I used to love this place.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Le Roi du Cossa is a beautiful Portuguese restaurant not far from the Limoncello. It is a quiet restaurant with normal and with high chairs for a fine dining experience. The service is excellent. We found that the waitress was particularly helpful and polite. She explained us well what the different possibilities were; she was pleasant and had a good sense of humor!

We ordered a captain fish with a mushroom sauce and a dish of garlic cossas (big prawns). The cossas were delightfully presented and delicious (see photo). I highly recommend this dish to anyone. As far as big prawns, "cossas", are concerned, le Roi du Cossa is indeed a "roi", a "king", in Kinshasa: there is nowhere else you would enjoy prawns as much as here. If you like to eat that kind of seafood, this is definitely a restaurant you should keep in mind.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This hotel is a gem. The best giant prawns you could imagine. I'm not sure it's worth having anything else here really. But well worth it. Kinshasa is generally pricey but this place is worth every cent.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Fantastic food and portion, pricey but worth it. will come back again. i just wish they can upgrade the decor a bit as the ambiance looks dull. they can do better.