All reviews leon hotel la piscine the ground floor internet works within walking distance business trip rooms are large breakfast buffet is airport security drc tailoring gym television linens comfort
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I liked this hotel on the whole. Staff appeared to have been carefully selected, and trained. Management is impressive, some apparently poached from the nearby Memling. Tiny reception area and restaurants. Breakfast is quite good and included in price. The ground floor restaurant, featuring a daily Congolese buffet, is open to the public and gets a bit crowded, most often featuring more than just a couple of "women seeking men". Not the best for a business lunch or dinner, though I loved the buffet. The upstairs restaurant is also quite good. However there's a good variety of restaurants to choose from within walking distance, including La Piscine (and the apparently related La Delice), just across the road
Both times I stayed, I was able to negotiate for a deluxe room at the standard rate (don't quote me!)
Great location if your business is in th3 surrounding Gombe area, and barely 50 metres off le Boulevard

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
paul o, Responsable commercial at Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Good Day Dear Guest,
Sorry for my late reply. But we thank you a lot for your your feedback most appreciated.
We have also tooken into account your complaining about women seeking men and we
are working to avoid this kind of deeds.
I would like also to inform you that now you can eat at Restaurant La Piscine and pay at
Leon Hotel.
We look forward to welcome you again
Best regards,
Paul

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Upon arrival late at night the concierge told me that my room wasn't ready and they I had to wait 20 minutes. Went into their restaurant for some dinner, and when I returned after 30 minutes, my room was still not ready. The concierge excused was that it took a long time to clean the room. I ended up waiting 2 hours for the room and had to spend the night at another hotel.

They were not very helpful with any sort of compensation.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
paul o, Responsable commercial at Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Good Day Dear Sir,
On behalf of our staff I would like to apologize for incovenience. We are working hard so that kind of problem due to overbooking don't happen again. We are so sorry.
Best regards,
Paul

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Really nice and accommodating staff. You'll leave with new friends. :) Spacious rooms. Well kept. Nice buffet. Superb pastries.

They know a good place where the staff gets their vests and clothing pieces. It's called la galerie bisou bisou. It's close and they can take you there to buy fabric and for tailoring.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed here on a business trip in Kinshasa. The hotel is just off one of the main roads in a bustling part of town. Not the best of views from the rooms but it's a great location nonetheless. The cafe on the ground floor is very busy, seemigly serving as a stop on the way home for many around. Hotel ahs great wifi connection in the rooms and the restaurant. The rooms are stunning and very clean. The service always friendly and helpful. The best thing about this hotel though is its breakfast. One can't say enough about it. AMAZING! Lot's of variety and good quality food. The rest of the meals (lunch and dinner) are to forget though, expensive and terrible. Maybe that's why the breakfast is so big and good. All in all a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The price and quality are the best match you can get at the Leon hotel in the center of Kinshasa. It's safe, it's at a great location, breakfasts are excellent and the personnel is extremely friendly. A great deal!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business