“Impressive Cityscape at Night”
Review of La Piscine

La Piscine
Ranked #37 of 133 Restaurants in Kinshasa
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza, International
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

La Piscine is an outdoor restaurant with a swimming-pool ("piscine" in French) right in the middle. I wouldn't go during the daytime because there isn't much shelter from the sun. But at night it is pretty beautiful. The cityscape is quite impressive and enjoyable. And there is the swimming-pool as well!

I had mezzes as a starter and then a captain fish in a tomato sauce. The mezzes were delicious, Greek style. The captain fish was good, cooked in a Congolese way, but wasn't easy to digest... I would rather recommend you to stick to the Greek dishes in this restaurant. After all, it's a Greek restaurant. We saw the owner. He was at a table nearby, talking with friends. He warmly greeted us. We felt welcome.

However, we were slighted disappointed at the waiters. One of them was dressed with very old clothes, as if he had bought them half a century ago. The one who brought us the bill wasn't honest. He probably thought we were tourists and ignored the exact exchange rate. We paid him in dollars and he gave us back in Congolese francs... But keeping four of five dollars for himself. That isn't professional.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Ate dinner with a friend here. We had starters and main dishes, all of which was good enough quality and reasonable priced. Nice bread.
However the outside seating is very dirty (dust layers) and the service was poor as the waiter tried to rip us off on the bill (using creative accounting on our Franc/Dollar combination). Surely better places exist that this.

1  Thank Martijn t
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Went there to try something new. The setting is pleasant (not too noisy, no loud music, ceiling fans, very relaxed), the staff is a bit slow but overall polite, but the food is not exactly the best Greek in town(note: The food presentation got stuck in the 80s).

Reviewed 7 October 2016

I was recommended to go to this restaurant. I walked in ,it was not busy, maybe 3 diners.I sat down,but no one attended to me.I managed to catch a waitress and ask her if it was ok to have lunch,she said it was ok.Then a waiter showed up,and brought a menu in French,i asked if there was an English version,the answer was no.I asked for sometime to figure out the menu,and the waiter disappeared,never to return.another waiter took my drink order ,and brought it quite fast.When waiting was too long,i just left the money for my drink,and left this highly recommended restaurant upset and a bit confused to be honest,from the lack of service and attention.

1  Thank Rafi550
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Great location in downtown Kinshasa and just across from the Leon Hotel (4 Stars). A safe place to walk even at night, if you stay at the hotel Leon. Well designed and organized to induce a calm and peaceful atmosphere with a lot of open space and a pool that you forget that you are in the middle of the city. The facility is clean in a good shape and well maintained.
The food is well prepared and consistent. Portions are large and taste great, spicy and well balanced. The core of the menu is Greek food prepared in an authentic way.
Don't miss the "Musaca", a Greek plate with eggplants and ground beef. It is really excellent.

2  Thank Ilan B