All reviews communal kitchen other islands other guests meet other travellers home away from home place to stay rooms are clean an easy minute walk stay in port vila local knowledge close to town front gate nice pool real vanuatu booking tours four nights self cater
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of our stay in Port Vila. The owner and his daughter were helpful in giving us ferry times and other information needed for our first stay. The room was nice and had everything you need. I would say, you get what you pay for. It is good as a start but I wouldn't stay more than 2 nights here as there are a lot of other comparable stay options in Port Vila as well. You can meet other travelers here if you are looking for that. It is a bit of a walk to the center or you can take a bus.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
travellersmotel, Manager at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Reviewed 28 June 2018

For 9,000 a night this place is not a good value. For an extra 2,000 you can stay in much nicer places. If you can get a room for under 5,000 I might give it a four. It needs a good clean. If you are just in port vila for one night between flights it will do. If you plan to stay in port vila a few nights I'd fine somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
travellersmotel, Manager at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thankyou for your review Ashley.
Our rooms here are cleaned Meticulously by staff that have been here many years.
You chose our Motel for whatever reason and agreed to pay the price, which from my point of view is cheap. Costs of operation are very high.
Good luck with your future travels.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I stayed 4 Nights at Travellers Budget Motel, I found the location fantastic not to far from Town. With lots of places to eat close by. The staff and Owners are super lovely and so very helpful. They also offer a lovely island fruit salad for minimum cost for breakfast. The rooms are centred around a sparkling in ground pool. I certainly would stay there again.

Room tip: Room up in the Corner
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Michael, Gebbie, and Agnes were so hospitable and helpful. The motel is actually a comfortable guesthouse, and with a wonderful swimming pool.
I stayed in a dorm since I'm alone. The room has almost everything, clean bathroom, a little kitchen with a fridge, and even a microwave. It's really convenient for budget travellers.
For tours around the city and even the country, just go and ask Gebbie or Agnes for advice. They will help you out.
Before I went to Tanna, Agnes called the guesthouse there, so when I arrived, I had my transfer immediately without hard finding.
I highly recommend this place to stay in Port Villa. It's worth every penny.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank zlj1982
travellersmotel, Manager at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank your for your lovely comment! Loved having you here at Travellers and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Gabby

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The staff is helpful. The rooms are adequate. The location is a major selling point- walking distance from the city center with restaurants, bars, shops, etc. There is also a spacious, clean kitchen area that can be used by guests.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
travellersmotel, Manager at Traveller's Budget Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you Mia. Glad you enjoyed your stay here at Traveller's.