“Great Idea”

Underwater Post Office
Ranked #12 of 57 things to do in Port Vila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world’s only underwater post office lets you buy a waterproof postcard on land, fill it out and dive into the ocean to mail it, and you don't even need diving experience.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Idea”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

All the tour pictures show a post 'office' underwater, there is only the post box there. It was a little disappointing but still a fun experience

• Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Doesn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I was really looking forward to coming here after reading the reviews. We stayed on Hideaway so made it easier for us - and im glad we were staying here cos i would have been very annoyed if i had paid to come see this "attraction" it is just a post with a yellow box. nothing great and i wouldnt reccomend for people to come to Hideaway just to see this.

Port Lincoln, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Post into the clear blue sea”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Snorkling to the post box through beautiful crystal blue water

sydney
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Missing Mail”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Loved the concept, so much fun, but my postcard never arrived! The day we were there in Oct 2010 kids were pulling letters out of the post box. Didn't seem to be locked.

Visited March 2011
Adelaide
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Unable to Post my Postcard!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This was on my absolutely must do list for our trip to Vanuatu.

Unfortunately Cyclone Jasmine had damaged the underwater post box itself and the roof to the post office a couple of days before we had arrived. We were told about this later in the day.

I bought my post card (400 Vatu) and took it for a swim, only to discover that the post box itself had a broken door. I tried a few times to wedge it in there but my postcard wouldn't stay and I had to swim after the card several times. I came to the conclusion that I had technically posted it so I posted the post card in town into a normal mail box. There were many families with disappointed children who weren't able to post their postcards.

I would visit the post office again. The whole concept is great and I still really enjoyed the novelty of snorkelling to and around the post office. I hope it is back up and running soon.

2 Thank Kelliebean27