All reviews erakor island aqua restaurant family loft blue beach chef's dinner wedding planner melanesian feast blue house movie night pizza night star fish day trip romance package melanesian night crystal clear water fire dancers a short ferry ride
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We caught the boat over to Erakor Island for lunch. What an absolutely beautiful place! Surrounded by crystal clear water and white sandy beaches. We sat on the deck over the water and could see the star fish and sea life on the bottom. A relaxing and tranquil place to be. The food was great, the cocktails delicious, and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

My Husband and I got married on Erakor 2 weeks ago and the whole trip was just magical. The planning of the wedding was made so simple by Lorelle and Lita so by the time we arrived on the island we could just relax. No request was too big or small for any of the staff. We ate at Aqua restaurant most mornings and a few evenings and the food was devine. A really good selection at breakfast and dinner. We stayed in the Deluxe Honeymoon Villa which was absolutely amazing! My husband actually caught 2 fish off the beach outside our villa the night before we left! Having a plunge pool and day bed on our balcony was pretty special too. Although we didn't swim in the lagoon a great deal, the water was beautiful and we managed to kayak around the island (although I would recommend this at high tide as we got stuck in some places). The only suggestions I would offer would be to double check any arrangements you have. They were training some new staff when we were there and they weren't sure of how to do everything so even if you just speak to some of the more experienced staff members for any important arrangements. Getting back and forth from the mainland was a breeze on the 24hr boat. We were married at Sunset beach and even though there were 5 weddings on the island while we were there, the staff made us feel like the only ones on the island :) Very special mentions to Henry who not only walked me down the aisle, but plays fantastic music in the restaurant each night. Lita, who made our wedding a wonderful experience. Paul, he made sure we were well looked after and met all of our needs whilst on the island. Valerie in the Day Spa who has magic hands, and Cliff and Annie in the bar/kitchen who greeted us with big smiles every day. We have left Erakor feeling like family and will definitely be back as often as we can.

Room Tip: Lagoon villas are lovely
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

This was our fourth holiday on the island of Erakor. The beauty of the island and the lagoon is, every time, staggering. This is our “special island”.
As usual, we spent a lot of our time relaxing, just absorbing the always-changing beauty of the lagoon -- from dark grey to intense blues and turquoises.
We kayaked, all four of us. My wife and I spent a lot of time paddling around, exploring the littoral, walking between different-coloured corals and discovering all sorts of creatures -- sea-horses and starfishes and strange crustaceans and the occasional sea krait.
Our six-year-old granddaughter shares our love of Erakor. Walking along the pathways, surrounded by the island’s natural vegetation, has always been an adventure. So has the search for hermit crabs. This time, she was ready for Robert Louis Stephenson’s Treasure Island. Each day, we settled comfortably in a very Treasure Island-ish setting (beside our units,) and I read to her from a beautiful little edition of the book, a chapter at a time, as loudly as I liked, and with exaggerated pirate intonations. Kayaking with me, she would gustily sing “Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum”, … and an occasional verse or two from “The Portside Pirate.
No reader of reviews will miss the fact that a great part of the island’s beauty is the beauty of those who live and work here. Much of our love of Erakor is our love of people who work here, friends like Lita and Annie and Sarah and Fay.
Back in Brisbane, I realised that, again, I was unable to resist taking too many photographs of the different moods of the island’s beauty, of the sky, lagoon and distant vegetation.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TheOldiesBrisbane
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here recently for a friends wedding. It was lovely. Although I was a little disappointed there wasn't a swimming pool. The ocean looked very inviting but as soon as I was told to watch out for stone fish I steered clear. We stayed in a Lagoon Vila which was neat clean & tidy & fairly spacious however there was no aircon which we definitely needed the first night as it was very humid & muggy. I would avoid staying during really hot months due to this. The communication with some staff was a struggle as some of them struggled to understand English & some were quite new to the resort. All in all we had a lovely stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay at Erakor, staff were fantastic, our kids LOVED kids club, Kevin was FANTASTIC!
Unfortunately we have forgotten the other staff names but Erakor offers something that the other bigger resorts lack.
We stayed at Warwick Le lagon after Erakor and our three children wanted to go back (as did we) to Erakor.
The food was much better at Erakor and we loved the themed nights. Our Villa catered perfectly for the five of us, we had a view of the lagoon and it opened up to the waters edge, you can hear the gentle waves at night.
It’s the staff that make this resort something special.
Hope they are paid better than other resorts such as Warwick where they are paid around $3 an hour!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family