All reviewserakor islandaqua restaurantfamily loftblue beachchef's dinnerwedding plannermelanesian feastblue housemovie nightpizza nightstar fishday tripromance packagemelanesian nightcrystal clear waterfire dancersa short ferry ride
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I was a bit worried about staying here based on some of the reviews - I’m travelling with my wife and two daughters 19 and 16 all very discerning and ready to complain if things aren’t right. We arrived on 4/12 and left on 10/12. It took us a day to get into the island way of life but I can tell you that all of us especially the girls did not want to leave this beautiful unspoilt island.

It is a small, close and intimate island - beaches on both sides, accomodation right on the water, the water warm and crystal clear, the snorkelling and tropical fish on show was fantastic, kayaking was great. Service was exceptional - When asked how the room was on day one, I mentioned to the reception that it was good but hard to see too much of the water because of the trees- within an hour we had a team of men cutting back the trees to reveal the island paradise - still enough to give us ample shade in the hot afternoon. Also we were moved to a bigger and better accomodation free of charge to allow the team to upgrade our exisiting unit - the one we moved to had Air conditioning - such a bonus. A big thank you to Sarah the General Manager, Kevin, Annie, Flinda and all the wonderful friendly team who would do anything to make our stay enjoyable. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is our 3rd stay on the Erakor Island Resort. The 3 stars I gave this time is solely for most of the Staff, the beautiful island and the cleanliness of our room. We talked our friends, from the UK, to join us there due to our previous excellent memories of this island and it's friendly staff. But, on this time things went a bit sour. On two occasions, after having a meal there, I was given the bill to sign, but was discovered we been overcharged, on both occasions. On our last day on the island, our UK friends went to the office to check if any monies were owing. Their record should have a zero balance but instead, their record showed, an extra person, for 2 days, stayed in their bungalow. Was that just another blunder? That matter was very quickly rectified but, the office staff cannot offer an explanation to this mishap or the name of this 3rd person. Checking your bill/s before paying/signing is a definite must and bring lots of mozzie repellent. Our special thanks to Annie the breakfast waitress and Leeta?, the wedding planner.

Room Tip: one with air-conditioning
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom1940
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing spot to chill and reflect. Staff are super friendly and while staff culture feels like a big family. Food is good by Vanuatu standards and chef is flex. Rooms lack a bit of love but clean and comfy.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived at this lovely island by boat from the mainland. The room was really nice and when you finally worked out how everything worked and found the keys it was good. We had breakfast included in our package and it was very average. We were guests for a wedding and stayed 5 nights. The wedding was brilliant and the food for the night was great. We left the island to eat dinner locally and it was a little better. We would never come back as it was very warm and it was pot luck as to your transport around eg Port Villa having air conditioning. The rooms on Erakor again some had air conditioning and some didn’t and I understand that we were told every unit had it. They had some very unhappy guests.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

A friend & I have just arrived home from attended a mutual friend's wedding on Erakor Island. It's a beautiful island very close to the mainland & serviced by a free ferry that operates 24/7. The wedding ceremony & reception were lovely & both went off perfectly. The resort staff were delightful & could not have been more accomodating. ( I accidentally left my sunglasses in my room when I left for the airport so I emailed the resort & they passed them on to a friend who was still on the island to bring back to Australia for me.) Nothing was too much trouble for them & although only there for 4 nights we were very very impressed by their friendliness and personalised approach. Gorgeous people with wonderful sense of humour. Could not recommend the resort or commend the staff/service more.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends