I was a bit worried about staying here based on some of the reviews - I’m travelling with my wife and two daughters 19 and 16 all very discerning and ready to complain if things aren’t right. We arrived on 4/12 and left on 10/12. It took us a day to get into the island way of life but I can tell you that all of us especially the girls did not want to leave this beautiful unspoilt island.
It is a small, close and intimate island - beaches on both sides, accomodation right on the water, the water warm and crystal clear, the snorkelling and tropical fish on show was fantastic, kayaking was great. Service was exceptional - When asked how the room was on day one, I mentioned to the reception that it was good but hard to see too much of the water because of the trees- within an hour we had a team of men cutting back the trees to reveal the island paradise - still enough to give us ample shade in the hot afternoon. Also we were moved to a bigger and better accomodation free of charge to allow the team to upgrade our exisiting unit - the one we moved to had Air conditioning - such a bonus. A big thank you to Sarah the General Manager, Kevin, Annie, Flinda and all the wonderful friendly team who would do anything to make our stay enjoyable. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila