My wife and I stayed for week and had great weather.
-The free breakfast (included in our plan) has multiple options and is quite good. Further the lunches and dinners were quite tasty. The only meal we weren't pleased with was the Fishermen's Plate (dinner) which, for the price, only provides a small amount of food. However, the other dinners were delicious: chicken pasta, steak fillet, curry, etc
-It was super convenient to get kayaks, paddleboards, etc., and there were numerous chairs for lounging in multiple spots
-The 24hr. ferry is very fast and easy with minimal wait times; and getting a bus (150vt/person) or taxi (700vt) into Port Vila was very simple. Only once did we have to walk to the end of the road for a bus (around 5 min)
- Rooms have mosquito nets and were clean/tidy with screens on windows
- I can't say enough positive things about the staff: extremely helpful, accommodating (especially with food item substitution on menus), friendly and cheerful.
-The tour operators (Roseann and Paul) are very helpful and will coordinate any tours, making calls and scheduling for you.
-Wifi works around the restaurant and reception; however, even at these locations it is quite slow. In the room, wifi is relatively non-existent, so don't expect to be downloading anything or streaming.
-We had the "Go Troppo" package which included a $250 AUD credit towards food and drink, but when this gets credited it is based on the resort's exchange rate, really meaning that you're getting around $215 AUD--which is misleading.
-My wife and I went to various bars/restaurants around Port Vila and found Erakor's cocktails and beers to be on the pricier side (not outrageously), but it adds up, especially for us, since we tend to have multiple drinks per day when vacationing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila