All reviews erakor island aqua restaurant family loft blue beach chef's dinner wedding planner melanesian feast blue house pizza night movie night ferry ride romance package star fish day trip melanesian night crystal clear water free ferry
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stayed at Erakor Island for 2 Nights, and was just right. Lovely little hut smack on the water, with crabs going about there day scuttling past. The Room I would say was a little tired, However it was well presented, clean sheets and towels and a nice bed with mozzie net. The room had a spa bath which was great, it took some time to fill as the water pressure was not great but was worth the effort to have a few beers in and listen to the water out side. The rooms have no Tv or phone which was great. however I do feel that they could have provided free WiFi, as every other place seems to do it they did not. otherwise it was a nice 2 day stay.

Room tip: Room 20 was way back from the front of the resort, very quite and peaceful.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RC1808233
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We just had been dreaming of a tropical getaway from the hussle and bussle of city life and we got lucky and found it at Erakor Island Resort, Just loved the staff and we had a ball... Pizza on the beach watching a movie.. the Feast night was amazing the enterainment was world class.
The room was total devine to sit in my own private spa, sipping champagne and white sandy beach just there.. Awesome.. now this is living!! We just did not want to go home, but we we will be back to the slice of paradise under the tropical sun at Erakor Island

Room tip: Room 6 was just devine
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank FizzGalaEvents
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Don't be fooled by the island!! It's not enough to over come the shortful of the resorts cleanliness and service!! And DON'T DON'T BOOK ANY TOURS TROUGH THEM!!! If your lucky the tour company will feel sorry for you and take you even though ur 2 hours late cause that fault wasn't yours and we shouldn't pay for incompetent stuff!! Out off 7 tours booked on day 1 though the resort 2 weren't even confirmed with he organizer and the other 5 we were given the wrong pickup times or locations. All in all average resort with sub par beaches and horrible stuff!!! Dont bother going there

3  Thank Born2b3
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It was my girlfriend's and my first time to Vanuatu, and our choice of Erakor Island Resort and Spa certainly did not disappoint us at all. Every morning, you get greeted by a beautiful beach and lagoon that is crystal clear and filled with hundreds of starfish!

The staff were all so friendly and treated and cared for you like family. You will feel right at home there. I want to commend Alice, Annie, Max and the others who made our stay an unforgettable one. A big thank you to the Vanuatu hospitality!

We especially enjoyed the Melanesian feast night. The food was fantastic, the traditional performances were entertaining, we got to try Kava, and everyone was having an awesome time.

Breakfast was very simple and nothing to shout about, but the ala carte meals served at dinner were superb.

Note though, that the rooms do not have airconditioning. If you need air-conditioning, then Erakor Island is not for you. It is very cool during the winter, but I am not too sure about the summer months.

It is quite inconvenient to get to downtown though. It is too far to walk, but it is not really problem finding a taxi to take you to town.

Overall, I would certainly recommend Erakor Island for your stay.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pavin L
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed in a family villa for a week in September. The room was good and was a short stroll to the restaurant and jetty.
Most of the staff are fantastic. Some on the other hand are incompetent. One of the waiters ( we called him the 'Phantom') would take a drink order and then disappear leaving us waiting for someone else.
One downside to this place occurred on our second night. Halfway through our meal a large group of day trippers arrived from the mainland for dinner. Immediately us and other guests were largly ignored as the staff hovered around the large group. Twice we ordered drinks only to not receive any. Out of anger I asked for the bill to sign and after 15 mins it hadn't arrived. I then approached the bar and told the staff I'd had enough and to bill it to my room.
The following day I was basically accused of attempting a runner (not paying/signing for our meal).
All attempts to explain what happened were met with dumb smiles from a staff member who spoke litle to no English. After this experience we payed cash for any purchases from the bar/restaurant. TIP: PAY CASH.

• Trip type: Travelled with family