We stayed for 8 nights in September 2011 and my original review was removed when Breakas went from Ramada management back to the owners a few weeks later.
The staff were wonderful, always helpful and positive though as others have said very shy. Manager and assistant manager were great organising some extra stuff for me which I needed for medical reasons. Met George the owner and he was quite the character, very pleasant company over a few drinks.
The rooms, garden fare for us, were tops and adequately described elsewhere, the pool and beach were great though the pool can get crowded quickly :-)
The restaurant and food were again first class, Roy the F&B Manager is doing a great job there. The Seafood and Melanesian nights great and the a la carte excellent. Like many we baulked at high prices but after eating at a number of places in town found the place top value for money and top class in absolute terms.
We also baulked at the bar prices, though we spent a lot of time there, and went to Au Bon Marche for beer, water, and all sorts of food which we stored in the fridge which made grazing lots more fun.
The "no kids under any circumstances" is a great policy, hard at times to enforce but worthy of doing for the atmosphere that Breakas has.
Overall a top spot, great people, fantastic tropical experience. If you are wavering, just do it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst swaying palms fringed on it's own private beach, Breakas Beach Resort is an intimate 3.5 Star tropical resort in a 5 star location for adults only welcoming guests over the age of 15 years. Enhanced by individual garden & beachfront Fares (Bungalows), Breakas Beach Resort is the ultimate relaxed "feet in the sand" beach holiday. Slip into a world of tranquility. The Resort features a stunning 22 metre infinity pool which falls into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty of a private cove on the Pango peninsular provides an unrivalled backdrop in Port Vila. Fares (Bungalows) are scattered along the shoreline and throughout manicured tropical gardens ensuring privacy, intimacy and seclusion. With spectacular views to Port Vila's best surfing beach break, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a unique dining experience. The executive chef has created one of the finest menus using fresh, local produce, seafoods and world class Santo beef and we are famous for our beachside dining with stars above and sand underfoot.... It does not get much better than this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Port Vila