“Could not agree more with the previous post - Emily is terrific, but Bob is a racist!”
Review of Emily's Cafe & Takeaway - CLOSED

Emily's Cafe & Takeaway
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Emily's is next to the National Museum and across the road from Vanuatu parliament and operates a "No Frills" restaurant that is renowned for its "5 Star" quality food at budget rates. Emily's is the only restaurant to be licensed to operate 24x7 in Port Vila and serves a variety of cuisines with regular and daily specials also featured on the menu. We are famous for our large helpings and our Vanuatu Steak and also feature dishes such as our wood fired BBQ Chicken and chips, Poulet fish and chips and Chicken Schnitzel to name a few.Emily's, ples blo gud fala kakai! (where the food is awesome!)
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I do not use that term lightly. I witnessed this for myself while staying there the terrible verbal abuse of his NeVan workers. It was sickening, and I would encourage everyone to AVOID EVER STAYING THERE , OR TO EVEN FREQUENT HIS BAR, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE BEER SPECIALS. IN MY OPINION, HIS BUSINESS DESERVES TO BE SHUT DOWN.

1  Thank qwicksites

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I am rarely lost for words BUT the owner who was sitting at a table away from us could be heard complaining about the staff and actually there was actually racist remarks said!

Food was ok to bad and I could not leave quick enough.

3  Thank fevy
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

"The kebab shop of Vanuatu"- said a young local. After an evening drinking. We were told Emily's was open 24 hours and was the best place for a feed at 3am. The food was good but obviously limited selections at that time of morning.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

We visited 2 years ago and look forward to returning next week when we are back in the area. The beer is very cold and the owners Bob and Emily are fantastic, they even gave my friend and I a tour of their accommodation. Look forward to seeing them again next week and having the coldest beer in Port Vila

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I had the $1000vatu special $12 Aus half a chicken, rice, salad and I chose garlic sauce, was deceit size meal and soo delicious definitely be back ther regularly for meals!