Free cancellation until 26/07
The Penthouse(Honiara)(Great Value!)
US$111
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Raiders Hotel & Dive(Tulagi Island)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$61
  • Beachfront
Dolphin View Beach(Guadalcanal Island)
US$48
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewsstaff are extremely friendlyrestaurant foodwithin walking distancesolomon islandshot waterother hotelspizzadrinkerscomfort
Reviewed 9 December 2017

There aren't too many options in Honiara - and unfortunately that means you'll pay a ridiculous premium. Pacific Casino is no exception. For the price of a 4-star hotel in other parts of the world, you will find yourself in a 0.5-1.5 star hotel in Honiara.

That said, the front desk, bar and cleaning staff are really great. The gym is also pretty well equipped, and the hotel is secure.

Regardless - you should not stay at this hotel.

I only eat at the hotel when I'm staying in the city. For the second time in a row, I have come home from Honiara extremely sick, and reliant on antibiotics for recovery (fool me twice, right?). I have to assume that the food preparation in the kitchen here is totally inadequate. Dangerous, in fact. There is no redemption for a hotel serving unsafe food to its customers.

Two other issues. Firstly, the staff are poorly paid, which is mind-bending given the price you pay to stay here and the state of the building. As other posters have noted, this is a problem throughout the South Pacific. Secondly, if you go to the gym after work hours you will find young men in there with a stereo at 130 dB playing a track-list which I can only assume is titled 'the worst electronic music ever made'. It is unbearably loud, so: avoid.

Those are gripes; the food preparation is not a gripe. In other parts of the world, it would be a crime. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Maria L, General Manager at Pacific Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi Littlewingbrisbane,

Thank you for your review and remarks on our Hotel, much appreciated and we will take note of your remarks

We do look forward to have you again with us with a much improved service

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Rates expensive for the quality provided. Reception services good after 8am, the night shift and early morning reception staff really need to go to customer service boot camp. Very friendly and good service from the staff in the outside bar. Room (single Highway))was okay, but no iron provided. I noticed that majority of the guests were business travellers rather than tourists. So the hotel could do some good in provided an iron in the room. I asked for an iron, but I was told to wait for Room Service staff who start around 8.30am. I needed to iron my shirt and trousers as I was spending time at a Government office. Air conditioning system outdated and can very loud at times. Restaurant food very expensive; I suggest walking to the nearby eateries. The good thing about this hotel was that it was away from Honiara central and most of the things you need are within walking distance. Lots of pubs nearby. They have an excellent modern gym which was under utilised. I and one other guest were the only ones using it in the mornings. Keep in mind that Honiara is not a tourist destination!

Room Tip: Better to visit the restaurants and shops within walking distance (towards airport side) to avoid the expensive onsite food and drinks.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Maria L, General Manager at Pacific Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Hi Josua,

Thank you for your review and remarks on our Hotel, much appreciated.
We consider your remarks, and we will see that we addressed it and improved our services

Reviewed 24 August 2017

It never stop to surprise me how expensive the hotels are in Honiara ( as in Tonga , Cook Island , Fiji , Vanuatu etcetera ) when the wages is so low - and quality / comfort is just so and so . Paid about aus $ 700 for 4 nights . Nothing for free - not even water . Meals was nice and all the employees friendly . Nice swimming pool - with a lot of noisy but friendly kids .

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

If you have a chance to Honiara better to skip this hotel the hotel room dirty as well as the bath room and food also terrible not only taste but price also very expensive. Hotel staff slow.... the hotel price itself also not so cheap. In the night there some drunk people shouting which make disturbance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Thank Feliks Christon... S
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Pacific Casino hotel for 9 nights while working in Honiara. We chose a sea view room - were very happy to spend the extra few dollars. Firstly the room was much nicer and better maintained than would be expected from the exterior, which is pretty tired. The room was spacious, had its own fridge and kettle, own toilet and shower - plus a balcony with a lovely sea view. The air conditioning worked and wasn't too noisy. As a bonus, we also had hot water most of the time

Also the rooms are conveniently located near the pub, the cafe, and an incredible Chinese restaurant (Pacific Paradise). The food at the onsite restaurants was good, standard, pub-style food - chips, burgers, pizzas and so on. The food at Pacific Paradise was delicious with an excellent varied menu - much of which is delicious and spicy!

The pool looked nice and clean - but I didn't have an opportunity to swim in it.

On only downside of the accommodation is the noise from the pub - although they tend to turn the music off at a reasonable hour, there were drinkers that had reasonably late nights (2am or so) each night.

All things considered, we were very happy with our stay and would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria C
Maria L, Manager at Pacific Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Hi Victoria C,
Thank you for your review on our Hotel, much appreciated.
We are looking forward to your next visit in the near future.