All reviews main holiday free breakfast same complex typical hie safe hotel newish hotel pool and gym rooms are modern excellent wifi excellent restaurant nature park comfortable bed pizza shuttle bus business trip hix internet
Reviewed 10 September 2018

There are many positives about the Express, that I like but those of a more subtle turn of mind may not. The rooms are very modern, clean, well appointed and, as tonight proves, keep the rain off. There is under cover underground parking, and best of all access to the Holiday Inn proper which is 70 paces away, with a good dining room and an excellent gym which has been modernised recently ( my first visit was 2000).

The Express has a kitchen and dining room of sorts of its own, where in the morning there is a basic buffet, with basic cereals , but it suits me. I haven'y looked under the hot breakfast covers and likely won't. There is a coffee machine that likely produces the world's worst coffee, the is soup served in the same area at lunch which with a roll suits me for lunch.

I have tried ordering off the menu for lunch but it isn't quick -very slow in fact, so slow that I haven't been able to wait on two occasions. But I had the soup and off I went.

I am planning to spend 10 days a month here for the next year; that should be recommendation enough.Value for money is first rate. I have stayed in most hotels in Moresby often because I have fown in, flown out for 18 years, and this place is fine.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Suites when I'm in Port Moresby for work or a transit through. My Colleagues and I have never deviated from that because the Suites provides great service, especially the small things like a being greeted at the lobby and offered a cool drink, being welcome back ect.

We were chatting with a group who recommended the Express, which I believe to be a stitch up now

Holiday Inn express on the other hand...first and last time booking here. Arriving at 3pm and the room still isn't ready? after waiting an hour...and just lazily pointed in the direction of the lifts. Not impressed so far.

Get to the room...no towels, no toiletries etc...I'll call housekeeping for some towels. half hour later...towels turn up...brilliant, I'll order some room service, while I take a quick shower...and to my astonishment there is no room service.

Call me lazy, but after a long flight, i just want to relax in my room for a wee bit with a meal in peace in quite rather than sitting in a restaurant.

Couldn't get on the wifi for work...

one set back after another...

Only positive difference, the rooms are slightly nicer than the Holiday Inn Suites

Back to the Suites where I know I'll be looked after

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This HIE is on the same compound as Holiday Inn, but I chose the Express because it is newer and rooms looked nicer on the pictures.

Check-in experience was very smooth and friendly. Room is spacious enough and modern. Carpet could be claner. Bathroom is well-lit.

Breakfast was typical HIE, but in a much nicer setting than that of the North American counterparts.

Overall, everything is very functional and a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Donnella L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Moresby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Maxim B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express PORT MORESBY.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.

Donnella Lamond

Reviewed 26 July 2018

In transit through Port Moresby the hotel room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was wrapped in which is always good for anyone travelling on business. Easy pick up of the shuttle bus at the airport and friendly staff on arrival.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Donnella L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Moresby, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Todd S,

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Well what can i say. Today it has gone from bad to worse. Religious conference in town, hotel totally unprepared. Lack of food. Even the holiday inn adjacent cancelled the alla carte menu not so bad if the buffet consisted of more than 5 dishes. The holiday inn express menu is pretty limted at best.

Well bad, last time im going to put up with 3rd rate service and food. Surely they new a few more people were staying here than usual. Well approx 150 at least and been prepared. Obviously the internet speed has suffered, not great at the best of times.
Business people suffering because of low to no connection. They advertise FAST internet, dont believe that. On a good note the front of house staff are fantastic.
I even offered management to comment before this post but to no avail. Obviously this could have all been avoided with a bit of planning.

Not a happy black duck.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank andycX8823RQ
Donnella L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Moresby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Andy C,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express PORT MORESBY.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us a chance staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 3032002 or donella.lamond@ihg.com.

Donnella Lamond