All reviews vision city shopping mall leaf restaurant monsoon shower shower door pool area world class coffee shop breakfast buffet is risotto look forward to my next visit workout facility highly recommended hotel tv service zen spa luxury hotel direct access
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Hotels staff were very friendly - from the front desk, bellhop, breakfast staff, at the convenience store. Room was spacious and clean. I looked forward to coming back to the showers - top notch and washes away the troubles of the day. Lifts a little slow though.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Geoff757, General Manager at The Stanley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hi Kim L,

Thanks for your wonderful review. I will pass this onto the entire team at our next Town Hall meeting.

Much appreciated.

Regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Great hotel and great personnel. Ready to find solutions and very kind and available to each needs you could have. Thanks to the Italian lady manager of the reception for her efforts to solve some problems we had with our travel agent.

Stayed: August 2018
Geoff757, General Manager at The Stanley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi Fiammetta S,

Thank you for your great comments about your time at The Stanley. I will pass this onto the lady you mentioned and the team in general.

We look forward to being or service should you return to Port Moresby in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Overall experience was great. Aside from hotel review (room, overall service, and dining) was awesome. Unfortunate, did not experience the city of Port Moresby since security was tight. And what is the attraction aside from business and preparing for upcoming APEC (nov 2018)? Hotel, best and safest place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Geoff757, General Manager at The Stanley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Hi 785pingp,

Thank you for your comments about the hotel. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass these on to the staff.

The Stanley Hotel

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We stayed at The Stanley Hotel the night before we went on our trek and again on our return. The rooms we stayed in were a good size and the beds were really comfortable. Being able to access the shopping mall from the first floor of the hotel was also a plus. The pool area is great as were the buffet breakfasts and dinner. Would be happy to stay at The Stanley Hotel again if I ever returned to Port Moresby.

Stayed: August 2018

Hi CathElle01,

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and PNG in particular. We look forward to being of service if you decide to return..

The Stanley Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 22 August 2018

During my recent trip to Port Moresby, my office decided to split my stay in two hotels: Airways and Stanley. While I had a great time at the Airways Hotel, my time at the Stanley Hotel was far from the best. While the rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable, and it is next to the Vision City Shopping Mall, there were several issues that made me hesitate to stay there again. Instead of improving, service has declined:

1) when I checked-in, I was assigned a room that was already taken by another guest. There is something wrong in your system for that to happen.
2) elevators are still having issues, as I reported earlier this year, some colleagues got trapped for few minutes;
3) room service: while staff are nice, once they forgot to bring one of the dishes I ordered.
4) no more sports channels on TV;
5) gym equipment is showing signs of decay, some of the treadmills are not working properly, they stop all in a sudden, the holes to connect earphones are sometimes malfunctioning and the TV screen does not show video properly in some cases;
6) internet is quite slow. Sorry, the speed of the premium internet is nearly the same as the complementary internet at Airways Hotel;
7) room cleaning and supplies: not clear when soap is changed, sometimes it's changed after being used only once, sometimes only when more than half of it has been used. Not a clear pattern. Similarly, same happens with the free water bottles and complementary tea.

Another issue of concern is the surcharge for payments using credit cards. I thought that was a hotel practice in Port Moresby, but the Airways Hotel did not charge me any surcharge for paying with a credit card.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to shopping mall. Very noisy at night due to noise from disco
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CKuriyama
Geoff757, General Manager at The Stanley Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi CKuriyama,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologise for the issues you have mentioned, and can assure you we are working on these to improve our service to all our guests. I have discussed your check in with our front office team to ensure that this situation does not happen again.

At the time of your stay, the hotel was full for a period of 5 days, with close to 600 guests in house, this does put a strain on some services like the lifts and the internet. That said there is never any excuse for failure to deliver appropriate service.

The other items you have mentioned will all be look at to ensure that they are fixed. Thank you again for the feedback, and we look forward to being of service should you return to Port Moresby in the future.