See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Reasonably priced hotel in a good area of port moresby, theoretically they have free transfer from the airport, but I did not even come to look for it even though I sent them 3 email with the flight schedule specification. Once at the airport I called and then if in 10 minutes I came to collect. price of the room with sink 299 K. (78 euros) with transfer to the airport. Right.
the room located on the second floor very comfortable, especially the mattress.
The staff is not the most pleasant thing I have seen but good.
Close to the airport and the city center. Few tourists in the hotel. has a restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

After a hot game of squash we ducked into the Wellness Lodge for the healthiest food around. Beef and cucumber salad, fresh kulau and my fella declared the Club Sandwich "very, very good". And I just love the space with a tropical, chilled out vibe. All it needs is some reggae toons!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2015

The staff are excellent here and the location is very good, being a few minutes away from Boroko Centre. There are two levels of accommodation - standard and deluxe. Don't even think of the standard - but the deluxe is fine. I found transfers - even early in the morning (ca. 4:00 AM) - worked flawlessly, and free wi-fi is another advantage. There is a restaurant with excellent breakfasts, and they make fresh-pressed fruit juices (apple, orange) and offer kulau (green drinking coconuts). Main meals are decent, though for some reason they use a strange oil in their salad dressing that I could not abide (others might like). The place is quiet and secure - dry, with no alcohol (and that means for you too!). In Port Moresby, where hotel bars can be raucous and have their share of brawls, this is a Good Thing. Finally: my room was tidy and in reasonably good shape, but the mattress was way too hard - the reason? It was not a mattress at all, but a box-spring.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms yes - standard no (I have stayed in both).
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Wonderful rooms. Just what I was hoping for. A place to relax in at the end of the day. I was only there one night and it is always a lottery if you haven't stayed there before however this time I was a winner.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2015

As a regular traveller to PNG I have always opted for the 'name' hotels. This trip however coincided with the Pacific Games so accommodation was heavily booked and prices were up. As I intended to stay longer than usual I looked for a cheaper option.
Wellness Eco Lodge was recommended by a few friends so I thought I would try it.
The first thing that struck me was the friendliness of the staff, very helpful, very polite.
The girl on reception should get a pay rise she is excellent. The cleaning lady was a treasure and the shuttle bus driver, laundry and security staff couldn't have been more helpful.
The rooms were say 2 star (Australian standard) but clean, big enough for my needs, a flat screen TV (but terrible reception), a kitchenette with a fridge, a jug and 2 tea bags / 2 packets of sugar per day (I got a jug of milk from the restaurant each day).
The best thing was the shower, plenty of hot water and good pressure.
The rooms had WiFi (pre paid and bought in hourly blocks as opposed to paying per Mb download, the best value was K100 for 8 hours but the first time I forgot and went out, half my quota was gone when I came back.
The restaurant was interesting. I ate there about 6 times, meals were generous and covered the range of meats, pork ribs (in beef gravy) with veggies or chips and salad, lamb cutlets (in beef gravy) with veggies or chips and salad, rump steak (in beef gravy) with veggies or chips and salad (the rump was really Topside steak tenderised but still a bit tough and dry), Roast Chicken (in beef gravy) with veggies or chips and salad, they did have fish and chips with salad or veggies but served with tartare sauce. Ice cream seemed to be the only desert. Their plunger coffee was excellent.
So summing up.
Yes, I will stay there again.
On the plus side - Clean rooms, friendly staff, great shower, WiFi available, reasonably central (K20 will get you anywhere in town).
On the minus side - They need to get a chef who can cook and and waitresses who know their job.

Room Tip: rooms appear to be the same? 3 floors, no lift so as I had lots of luggage I chose the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo