“Rip off tour operator!”

Oetsi Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Tours in Paramaribo
More attraction details
Owner description: Oetsi Tours is a tour operator & DMC for Suriname and the Guyana's providing tours and excursions depending on the needs and wishes of our clients. With our great network and flexible staff we can offer you almost everything you look for. Requests are answered within 24 hours! Contact us for a diversity in Nature and Culture diversity...
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This tour operator is a scammer. I booked a tour with them and when they had the money, they told me they wouldn't collect me from my hotel but from a place some 20km from the hotel, although the tour contract clearly stated that I wanted to be collected from my hotel. It didn't concern them how I could reach that place. Whenever you contact them, they are VERY slow to answer, most of the time I had to write them several mails before they answered.
As I was testing tour operators in Suriname I decided to go through with the tour.
I waited for more than half an hour at the appointed meeting place before somebody from the tour company showed up. He told me that I could get on the tour bus with the others. When I told him that I had booked a private tour, he phoned the company and they decided to send a private car. I waited another 20 minutes before the driver arrived. We started; driving for about five minutes the driver stopped for his breakfast. I waited in the car.
He took me to Albina, there he told me to get out of the car. Only when I wouldn't leave the car without him finding the boat I had booked, he started phoning people again. It turned out that Oetsi Tours had assigned another tour operator for the boat tour. This part of the tour turned out to be great!
More by accident than by anything else I found my driver back to Suriname in the hassle of the port, he took off and let me out of the car when we reached Paramaribo, again some 20km from my hotel.
Not once on this day I was given any info on Suriname, any explanations, any food.
Their service was appaling and they are nothing but a rip off! Never again!

12  Thank Dan831984