All reviews free coffee all day single room great location la candelaria well stocked kitchen common areas home away from home a great stay within walking distance included breakfast nice breakfast sophie hostel tv computers backpackers earplugs
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This hostel offers exactly what it says: a clean place, calm atmosphere and good service. A good place to easily settle in and start your travelling. Breakfast included and free coffee and tea are a nice plus! Makes your money worth. Staff is friendly and helpful. Don't go here if you want a party hostel or if you don't like dogs. 5 stars!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
SophieMartinik, Owner at Swiss Hostal Martinik, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thanks, well said. we are not a party hostel, we are a relaxed and quiet place to spend a few days. Also, you are right, I have pretty cool staff. They are always prepare to help our guests plan their days and trips. i am very lucky to have them. As for being clean, I firmly believe I have the best cleaning lady in all of Colombia, her name is Lisbeth and she is my gold star. I often think what would i do without her. Thank you so much for the great review. Hugs and have a great trip. and maybe, we will see each other again one day? More hugs.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This hostel was one of the best hostels I have ever been. The staff was really nice and helpful, the atmosphere so comfortable, you feel right at home. It is important to mention that this is not a Partyhostel, so dont expect loud Partys or music during the night.

But because of the atmosphere and the location, it is right next to the botero museum and 10 minutes walking distance from the main street, you meet easily new people. The owner, Sophie Guimard, made the hostel so much more special than it would have been anyway. She is such a nice, a little bit silly, funny person you cant help but not fall in love with her;). And her dog Bobby is the cutest I have ever seen and sooo sweet.:)

So if you are looking for a nice place, where you want to meet people, but in a relaxed atmosphere then you are absolutely right. I definitely stay there again when I come back to Bogota.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

AWE, I'm speechless. Thank you so very much for this review. And Bobby sends her love. Hope to see you soon again and have a fantastic trip.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Though nothing fancy, this nice little hostel has all backpackers are looking for - great location, great value, nice atmosphere, helpful staff and they speak English. I stayed single room upstairs, small but clean and quiet. Would definitely recommend !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Thank you very much. we also have a big kitchen, wifi, towels, coffee and tea all day. Have a nice trip.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The hostel is a quiet place which is in a great location in the touristic centre of Bogotá. All places of interest are in walking distance, with lots of restaurants and bars around. Great common spaces with cosy sofas, films and a really, really well equipped kitchen. Dorms have a good size and everything including bathrooms and toilets is super clean. Feels like home away from home and it is a good place to meet fellow travellers.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Hey sweetheart, thank you so much for the great review, it means the world to me. I hope you enjoyed Mexico, I believe you are home now. Sending you hugs all the way from Bogota.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great little hostel for the price. Atmosphere was nice and the staff and the owner are very friendly. The owner went out of her way to make us feel at home in Bogota. There is a 24hr reception and an English speaking staff member was always available. Location is right in the central area of Candelaria - within walking distance of cafes, museums, restaurants, bars etc. Included breakfast (7am - 11am) is better than most I've had in South America - self serve granola cereal and toast, as much as you want. We found this kept us full right up until lunch! Free coffee all day. Showers were always hot, with good water pressure. Wifi worked not just in the common area, but in the rooms as well. The common area is a nice place to have a beer in the early evenings before heading out - cheap beers are sold on site.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Awesome review, so glad you liked our establishment, your review put a smile on my face. Have an awesome trip.