See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2014

This place is perfectly clean, has friendly and helpful staff and is very reasonably priced. I stayed in 3 similar places in Chapinero, this one was the best value. One other hotel insisted on me taking a 'mandatory' tourist insurance for COP 5.000 (which appears not to be mandatory at all); another one was not so clean & had grumpy staff at breakfast. Next time I will go back to Pauliina.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan D
Reviewed 5 September 2014

Definitely good mid-budget option (40$ for double) or if you stay longer and need something more comfortable.

The location is about 20min by public transportation from the old city. And it is on very traffic road 63, which makes it a bit noisy for the rooms with windows to the street.

The rooms are super clean and bright with good and fast WiFi, cable TV and fridge (!) with good mattresses. They are nice with wooden floor. But, a bit noisy as the walls are probably quite weak. This is one of the weaknesses of this hotel.

There is a shared kitchen which is super clean. Also there is a free coffee/tea in the lobby. The hotel offers laundry for 2500/pound (just next to the hotel it is for 3000 and in the city center it's 1700).

The staff is very professional and helpful - one of the most I ever witnessed.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zdekal
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I found Hotel Casa Paulina to be a nice little hotel located in the Chapinero area. My walk to transmilenio station 63 on avenida caracas from the hotel was about five to ten minutes.

The hotel has cameras out front of the hotel so you enter by ringing a bell and they buzz you in. The hotel offers free coffee and tea for customers but no breakfast, lunch or dinner is available. You must leave your key at the front desk when leaving the hotel.

I did like that the hotel had a small kitchen,microwave, some utensils/plates to make small meals like breakfast (eggs and chorizo) or instant soup. No refrigerator is available in the kitchen. There is an Olimpica mercado near the hotel where you can do some shopping if you like.

The hotel does Not have a separate area for customers to use the internet (sala de internet) if you are traveling without a laptop and the hotel only accepts cash.

The room (number 18 on the 4th floor) was small but not claustrophobic. It had a nice sized dresser where I was able to store all my clothes. The room even had a small refrigerator to store food/drinks.

The bed was okay and I did notice that my linens (pillowcases and bed spread were not changed daily. I slept pretty well and noise levels were not a problem. Staff of about 3 to 5 women were helpful with basic questions. The full length towels were clean and the bathroom was arranged/decoratednicely..

The neighborhood was busy. Daytime exploring was cool and I felt safe since there were a lot of people around doing business and using public transportation. At night, the area was busy as there are clubs, billares, restaurants and bars that are open late but I felt safe.

I managed to get a rate of COP 60 per night.

Room Tip: Room 18, 19, 20, 21 are all on the 4th floor and its pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank bryant p
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Kind of comfortable nothing to brag about. Service staff was somewhat help full if you are use to luxuary this is not the place. Cabs are available everywhere around this hotel. If you are on a budget this will do fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DeaconVince
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Casa Paulina is definitely a family atmosphere hotel, because of my profession I stay in hotels 3 and 4 nights a week around the world and none have had the family atmosphere of Casa Paulina. The area is located relatively close to the sites of any tourist interest, my partner and I were able to take a taxi every time without fear of breaking the bank and the neighborhood is relatively safe, of course with the caution that one must have in any big city in the world. As for the hotel itself, the place is immaculate, every day you see people cleaning and arranging every corner of the hotel, in the 6 nights we stayed, there was never a problem with that, the only issue was the bed, hard as a rock, I don't know if it is the norm in Colombia but the bed was too hard to rest, I think it was on the fifth night we were able to sleep due the accumulated fatigue. There is no air conditioning in the room but in March and April there was no need for it, For staff who work there, ALL without exception are friendly and with the desire to help the guest, Mrs. Doris is undoubtedly the force that keeps the hotel running, always friendly, talkative and willing to do what it takes to make guest to feel pleased, if ever my partner and I return to Bogota, Casa Paulina would be our first choice but we hope that by then they have changed the beds. For the traveler with a budget and willing to sacrifice luxuries for friendliness and a family atmosphere Casa Paulina is the place to stay.

PS. Remember!! all payments must be made in Colombian pesos....no credit card transactions posible at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple