All reviews underfloor heating star hotel main restaurant large city exchange rate lake titicaca bolivian standards hotel is modern breakfast buffet easy access room was large comfortable stay stayed two nights enjoyed our stay el prado quiet street an early flight
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived before official check-in but luckily rooms were ready, which was most welcomed after 24 hours of travel involving delays due to adverse weather conditions. Check-in was seamless.

The room was large with a huge bed (very comfortable- I had a wonderful sleep), TV and seating area. The bathroom was also spacious

There is complimentary coca tea available in the hotel foyer but drink early and sparingly as it can make you a little high.

There is oxygen available should the altitude affect you - a pulsing headache and nausea is completely normal.

Breakfast: before the official breakfast, a continental is offered to anyone who is leaving earlier.

Places to see:
From the hotel you can easily walk 20 minutes or so the church, market. I made it another 20 minutes uphill to the cable car where it was only £0.60p (GBP) for a return journey. Lots of places to eat on the main road and great location for exploring.

I was able to exchange money at the hotel reception.

Offered a free singani sour in the penthouse bar, which was very nice.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel_Europa_Bolivia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Surrinder,

Thank you for this great feedback on our hotel, it's wonderful to see such a detailed review, we value and appreciate your feedback. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your recent stay with us. And we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Very well situated in the heart of the city Very large lobby very pleasant with flowing water
Taxi service provided by the hotel from the airport of El Alto
Really 4 stars hotel Very pleasant team
very pleasant team
Good restaurants and bar on the top of the hotel

Room tip: We had a large room on the last store 11 th Beautiful panorama We shall come back with pleasure
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Europa_Bolivia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Elyve,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our Hotel. We are so pleased that to know you enjoyed some time at our restaurants and bar, and that our location was convenient for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived into La Paz airport at about 4am, and headed straight to hotel to see if we could get an early check in (as mentioned by other reviewers). However, it seemed that we could only do that from 8am and only if we paid $80. That was $80 for 4 extra hours in the room. As we we paid $95 for the whole night, we kindly declined.
I will not hold that against the hotel; they have a clear check in time, I was just over optimistic after reading other reviews.
When we got to the room, I was very pleased with the spaciousness, the fabulous hot shower, the blackout blinds and the super comfy bed. The breakfast was also great. Another major plus is the sauna and steam room, such a welcome relief, super hot, just the way we like it. I would definitely recommend this as a stay in La Paz.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel_Europa_Bolivia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Carol,
We appreciate your recommendation very deeply, thank you very much!
We work hard to make every stay pleasant and it's very rewarding to read reviews such as this.
Hopefully we can have you back in the near future, until then we remain at your service.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I recently spent two nights at the Hotel Europa in La Paz and can honestly say it was my favorite hotel in my ten day travels through Peru and Bolivia.

The hotel is modern, beautifully decorated and my room was extremely comfortable. The staff were fantastic and very accommodating. They even treat you to complimentary cocktail up on the 12th floor while you stay at the hotel.

The breakfast was great and the location of the hotel is fantastic. In addition to the hotel being great, I cannot say enough about how impressed I was with La Paz. I had no idea what to expect and I was pretty blown away. The Mi Teleferico transport system is amazing and I only wish that there was something comparable in NYC.

I would return to the Hotel Europa if I every go back to La Paz.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel_Europa_Bolivia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Jocelyn,
Thanks you very much for choosing us for your stay in La Paz, it's great to know your stay was satisfactory and that you consider us now your favorite hotel in Peru and Bolivia, your kind comments will be shared with our staff.
We'd be honored to be at your service again, please do comeback!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Europa for two nights (Feb 9-11). We arrived early, about 6:30am, and we were offered early check-in for which we were very grateful. Plus we brought some Coca tea straight away.

The staff speak fantastic english, the breakfast was good and plentiful. Our room, on the 10th floor, was massive with a huge balcony that had a gorgeous view. Sure, you could say that bathroom decor was dated, but we hardly cared. The tub was oversized and there was lots of counter space.

We ordered room service on our first night; my burger was great and we ate in our little seating area.

By the next day my husband was suffering a bit with altitude sickness. We had dinner reservations at Gustu and decided that if we could, we should try to re-book. The concierge made the phone call for us and passed on the note later in the day that we had been re-booked for the following week. Our taxi back to the airport was also arranged. Further, because I had booked through their website and not booking.com or any of those, our taxi to the airport was covered.

It's in a good location, on a quiet street (it was Carnaval and we didn't find it too loud!), but close to the main street where there are pharmacies, restaurants, ATM's and a 10-15min walk to all sorts of museums/sights.

We genuinely enjoyed our stay, would go back in the heartbeat and were grateful for the hospitality we received.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank wherelolawent
Hotel_Europa_Bolivia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Wherelolawent,

It's great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for taking the time to leave such kind review.
We're very glad to know our location was opportune for you and that you felt satisfied by the quality of services provided.
We look forward to hosting you and your husband again in the near future.