“Good pizza for Bolivia, but definately did not live up to New York Style as advertised.”
Review of Eli's Pizza

Eli's Pizza
Ranked #143 of 537 Restaurants in La Paz
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Since its inception in 1942, Eli's has wowed La Paz with a great selection of International and Bolivian dishes. With a legacy of more than 70 years of service, Eli's is synonymous with quality products, excellent service, status and personalized attention. It is conveniently located in the Prado area of downtown La Paz. The Legendary Ernesto "Che” Guevara; the french philosopher and writer Jules Régis Debray; the french actor and composer Charles Aznavour; the freedom fighter Haydeé Tamara Bunke Bider aka Tania, and the renown Chilean writer Isabel Allende are a few of the celebrity guests that have dinned here.
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I was looking for a quick snack in the late afternoon when I saw Eli's Pizza advertised as New York Style. I selected a single piece from four or five pizzas that were already made, and they popped it in the oven to heat it up. It was average pizza at best -- not much cheese, the pepperoni did not really taste like pepperoni and it was not heated sufficiently. I would recommend this place in a fit of hunger, but there must be better pizza somewhere else in La Paz.

Peter Daniel S, Propietario at Eli's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for your comments Matt. I will look into it. We are in the process of refreshing the Eli's experience so your comments came in a right time. I really appreciate the time you took to write and hope you can give us a try next time you visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Eli's Restaurant, not their pizza place, is a local institution. It's got a fun decor with movie and theater posters and is always busy with locals. Conveniently located in the Prado it features a large menu of typical Bolivian dishes and a whole lot more that would appeal to tourists. The food is well prepared, the service good and their many homemade desserts are sinful. We visit Bolivia every other year and always look forward to visiting Eli's. I don't understand why there aren't more good reviews.

Peter Daniel S, Owner at Eli's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Allen, you are very kind. I really appreciate the time you took to write your review. Next time you visit please let me know in advance so I can make sure I do not miss you. Hope you can come back to Bolivia and Eli's soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

If you are looking for some snacks in the morning, you can find a variety of pastries but you should really try this salteñas are delicious, are freshly baked in Eli's and comes in a combo of 2 salteñas and a coke, regularly one is chicken and other beef salteña.
It has a juice curry inside and try to bite one side of the salteña when you start eating it and suck all the juice from inside.
I heard there are many places but I liked this one as I can see them baking it.
Best hour to have salteña is between 9 to 11:30 am.

Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. Hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Eli's has a sit-down restaurant (think diner style) across the street from their pizza take-out location. It's old Hollywood-themed and offers a very good and varied menu even on weekends. I almost always order the "Paila de lomito", which is basically meat and potatoes in a stewy onion and bell pepper sauce with eggs on top. Delicious and heart-warming on a cold day. Their trout is also very good as well as their sandwiches. This is also one of the only places to get fresh chicken soup year round (the type you need when you are sick).

Dear Claudia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I really appreciate it. I am very glad you enjoyed your experience with us. It is interesting that you mention the Chicken Soup. It is among my favorites. Did you know we get many requests from Clinics and Hospitals because of how healthy it is? Don't get me started on the desserts :D. Thank you again for the review. Hope you come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Arrived no greeting, ordered pizza was average, went to pay, waited for the manager to finish on the phone, started to take payment then stopped to take another phone call. Clearly don't cause customers and as pizza average suggest you go elsewhere.